Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I feel useless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A couple of months ago, my friends always came to me when they had problems, and had a cuddle (if they were girls - my guys arent into the whole man-hug thing :p) and such, and it gave me a sense of purpose. Nowadays, the same friends don't have many problems. But when they do, if I ask them what's up, they'll tell me they can't tell me. I'm ok with that - it's their business afterall, but then when they go and tell another of my friends what's up I don't feel needed at all.

And the thing is recently it's been happening a lot and it's starting to get to me. I know I'm not entitled to know what's going on but I told my friends I would be there for me and I feel (probably wrongly) like they think I'm not good enough to talk to.

TheShyBoy

Comments

• Options
    The agony aunt image is not a good one. It's a good thing that you can be there for your friends and it's good for them that they have someone who'll be there for them. However if they've gone through a stage where they told you every little problem they ever did have at one point and suddenly stopped, it could possibly mean they're growing up.

Just tell them if they need to talk then you'll listen, but don't keep telling them. If they want to tell you they will, and being pushy about their problems wont assure them that your intentions are good.
  • Options
    I know.. it's just that when there's something up it's like they can't tell me.
  • Options
    well for the last couple of weeks, i feel that you have really been there for me. ok, i have been several thousand miles from you, but you really helped me. And you are not useless at all. you're a cool dude, a very cool dude infact. And anyway your life is going to be totally shaken up soon so you don't want to get bogged down with other peoples problems. Just look forward to the great summer you are d¡going to have :):)

Luby (now very happy)
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    well for the last couple of weeks, i feel that you have really been there for me. ok, i have been several thousand miles from you, but you really helped me. And you are not useless at all. you're a cool dude, a very cool dude infact. And anyway your life is going to be totally shaken up soon so you don't want to get bogged down with other peoples problems. Just look forward to the great summer you are d¡going to have :):)

Luby (now very happy)

Ok, and then we can go kite flying! :D (I don't know how.. but learning is all the fun :p)