Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oramorph

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
or Morphine Sulphate

Hey I just came across some in my ma's room whilst looking for clean socks....what is it? Is it prescribed or used recreationally, or what? From what I know she hasnt got any pain that needs killing so it made me wonder...
My dad (my parents are seperated) was prescribed morphine when he was recovering from throat cancer, but he chose not to use it seeing as he didnt like the way it turned him into a vegetable. Could this be one of his unused prescriptions or is this stuff not generally used in this type of situation? Can you get it on the street?

it looks like a clear liquid in this plastic syringe-stylee thing, but it says for oral use only, so yeah-whaddya reckon? :eek2:

Ta x

Comments

• Options
    First of all I wouldnt touch an opiate unless you really know what you are doing.

I always thought that morphine wasnt oraly active, Rolly? Know anything about this one, I'm not really that up with the opiates.

As to your question, I'd say its probably left over from your dads health problems, its unlikely that he is buying it 'on the street' in that form. Although having said that almost anything is available 'on the street' you just have to know the street.

Personally I'd leave well alone, if you did do it you'd probably be quite sick anyway, which is the norm when you first do a heavy opiate. And if you liked it, where are you going to get some more? You dont want to be mixing with the type of people who would be able to get that.
  • Options
    You could try looking on www.rxlist.com for more info.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    First of all I wouldnt touch an opiate unless you really know what you are doing.

I always thought that morphine wasnt oraly active, Rolly? Know anything about this one, I'm not really that up with the opiates.

picture of my presciption whic i think the date on it say how much i loath the stuff. i was realy suffering from a bad back back in 1999 and this was prescribed for me way back then ...the box is still half full!
    on the street i could get between a fiver and a tenner for them i suppose. so yes bong ...oraly active.

MST Continus® (Napp)
    Tablets, m/r, f/c,morphine sulphate 5 mg (white), net price 60-tab pack = £3.65; 10 mg (brown), 60-tab pack = £6.09; 15 mg (green), 60-tab pack =£10.68; 30 mg (purple), 60-tab pack = £14.63; 60 mg (orange), 60-tab pack = £28.54; 100 mg (grey), 60-tab pack = £45.18; 200 mg (green), 60-tab pack = £90.38. Label: 2, 25
    The analgesic ladder was well-known, as was the importance of treating "by the ladder and by the clock". Immediate release oral morphine is useful in acute pain. When necessary, sustained release morphine could be introduced. Oramorph SR is cheaper than MST tablets, but has a reduced range of strengths and no liquid formulation.
    the above is a cut and job.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

As to your question, I'd say its probably left over from your dads health problems, its unlikely that he is buying it 'on the street' in that form. Although having said that almost anything is available 'on the street' you just have to know the street.

Personally I'd leave well alone, if you did do it you'd probably be quite sick anyway, which is the norm when you first do a heavy opiate. And if you liked it, where are you going to get some more? You dont want to be mixing with the type of people who would be able to get that.

well, I wasn't planning to take it, I was just wondering what my mother was up to.

Thanks anyway...I doubt I'll bother mentioning it to her, it doesnt seem like I really have anything to be concerned about now.
  • Options
    its a pain killer. we have it at work for people, works quite fast so they give it before they change painful dressings etc
  • Options
    Clever removal of name on prescription sticker rolly :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Clever removal of name on prescription sticker rolly :p
    it takes brains you know ...
  • Options
    You mean that your not called Mr Roll? I feel quite disapointed by that.