Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I know there's a new sticky about it, but...

... i missed a pill. And I read the factsheet and didn't get the answer I needed, so I'm posting.

I'm on the combined pill. I missed my pill on Christmas eve, carried on taking them as normal etc. I DIDN'T take my seven day break because...well, that's personal reason. But anyway, I missed a pill yesterday. Because I didn't take the last pack correctly does that mean I'm not protected? Or does me skipping my break this month make a difference to this?

Thank you...:)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nope your not protected. your condoms for the next 7 days
  • Options
    Yeah, not sure but better safe than sorry. I am certain however that you should stop missing pills. Naughty.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    Generally, the rule with the combined pill is that you're safe when you miss a pill provided you took the last packet correctly. As you didn't do that you really should take extra precautions for the next seven days (and make sure you don't miss another pill!).

As you can see from the sticky it is rather dependent on which type of pill you're on so go back to those and check again if you're unsure.

Of course, if you're still worried you can call the fpa helpline on 020 7837 7324 and they'll be able to help you out.

Good luck and hope this helps some,
    CB
  • Options
    Thank you all. And I know I shouldn't miss pills, but I was ill on Christms eve and wasn't awake to take it (in the evening) and slept through until the next day. Ah well. Thank you anywyay :)