Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

tell her?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Question ?

You have feelings for someone you know, a friend shall we say, you realise you like them in more than a friendship way.... Do you tell them....External factors may include... them not being single... them rejecting you.. them disliking you.. basically any other thing you can think of.. So do you tell this person you like them ??

And yes i know it depends on the situation and other things, but in general do you tell them ?

Comments

• Options
    I think if you're aware of the conseqences you have no choice. I think the thought of them being good friend encourages you because you feel that you have a greater chance of not being rejected and if you are you may not find it as devastating.

What holds many people back is the risk of destroying the friendship, but if you're kicking your own ass day after day without telling them you're going to suffer for it one way or another. The relationships which come from strong friendships are usually easier and more comfortable especially during the beginning so if its advice you're asking for I'd definately consider telling them, even if only to get it off your chest.
  • Options
    Ok..well i guess i should keep it shut then....afraid i'll just put my foot in it other wise......
  • Options
    I think I would. Or at least drop unsubtle hints. I can't stand all the not knowing and waiting to find out if they feel the same. I'd rather tell them and be rejected and get on with the moving on part, than wait around and then find out they didn't feel the same after years of fancying them.
  • Options
    tbh ive been thinking about it non stop i usually rush in and put my foot in it and go ahead and tell em, but taking into account what has been said on here its probably better not to mention it and just suffer because it simply wouldnt ba fair on the person..... I'll do my usual and just keep it to myself and know inside how much i like her and just get on with it... *sigh* oh well.... Missed my opportunity.