Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Marking schemes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im doing graphics A-level (edexcel). Im really lucky cos in 1 exam all the questions are the same, just the product you have to write about changes (product analysis paper). Therefore, you can just learn sections of the marking scheme which relate to all products. e.g. Specification of any product in terms of aesthetics would be that it has to be seen as attractive by target market. However, after doing the past papers and marking them its very rarely the case theat the same answer crops up in the marking scheme even though it is a valid answer. Infact my teacher marks some aspects of my answers correct as they are valid but not in the marking scheme. Does a examiner work in the same way or does he/she stay strictly to the marking scheme.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I am doing A level philosophy and my teacher showed us the acutal mark scheme for an essay we wrote and it was about three lines long! So I know for certain in these circumstances that they can't mark strictly to the mark scheme, because there hardly was one that was worth looking at. In other subjects where there are more definite right or wrong answers I would have thought they would stick to the mark scheme, but that isn't the case for a lot of subjects and may not be the case for yours.