Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

love triangle kind of

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im in a 5 month relationship at the moment and i love it and i love my boyfriend but i also have really strong feelings for one of my exs and he wants me bad and i just dont know what to do. i can really see myself marrying my boyfriend and im worried im not gonna get the chance to date other people before that time if it comes. but then i cant break up with him it would break his heart.
HELP!

Comments

• Options
    people should fill in their profiles, knowing ones age really helps....

anyway, you can see yourself marrying your boyfriend but your tempted by your ex?
  • Options
    Re: love triangle kind of
    Originally posted by PRETTYgreenEYES
    im in a 5 month relationship at the moment and i love it and i love my boyfriend but i also have really strong feelings for one of my exs and he wants me bad and i just dont know what to do. i can really see myself marrying my boyfriend and im worried im not gonna get the chance to date other people before that time if it comes. but then i cant break up with him it would break his heart.
    HELP!

your ex is just like the forbidden fruit and you're probably flattered that he still wants you. just remember why you broke up with him in the first place.
  • Options
    No.1
    Exes are exes for a reason and I assume this one's no exception, so forget him. If you find that hard, stop seeing him - out of sight, out of mind.

No.2
    If you were truly sure you could see yourself marrying your boyfriend, wouldn't your ex and the thought of seeing other people be irrelevant? If you love your boyfriend, be happy with what you've got. I understand the grass is greener on the other side, but if you've got something special, don't risk losing it by messing around and being unsure.

No.3
    How old are you? If you really are worried about getting to date other guys, maybe you should take a break from this guy. There's a saying, 'if you love someone, let them go; if they come back to you, they're yours forever; if they don't, they never were yours.' If you two really are meant to be together, then you will make it later on in life, but a break might help you sort out whether it's the right thing for you.

Hope you manage to sort things out :)