Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Dammit im a fool

Ok, ive gone and done it again!!!!!
I slept with my ex, and didnt use a condom, i keep a spare pack of pills at his house and cos i forgot to bring my lil wallet with my everyday ones to his when i was staying there i took the spare. so on thursday night i fort i was covered. But when i got home today i went to take todays and realised i hadnt taken wednesdays. what do i do?!?! Its too late to take the MAP i know it is. do i just have to wait till when i due to find out or can i do someting else?
I know i could of put my self at risk of std's and stuff but i know we dnt have any cos we've both been tested so thats not my worry.
Lil help here people:(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Dammit im a fool
    Originally posted by Zella
    Ok, ive gone and done it again!!!!!
    I slept with my ex, and didnt use a condom, i keep a spare pack of pills at his house and cos i forgot to bring my lil wallet with my everyday ones to his when i was staying there i took the spare. so on thursday night i fort i was covered. But when i got home today i went to take todays and realised i hadnt taken wednesdays. what do i do?!?! Its too late to take the MAP i know it is. do i just have to wait till when i due to find out or can i do someting else?
    I know i could of put my self at risk of std's and stuff but i know we dnt have any cos we've both been tested so thats not my worry.
    Lil help here people:(

really thought you would have learnt by now...... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Really helpful comment there from karma killer. :rolleyes: who has obviously never made a mistake in his/her life.

I think you can get an IUD inserted up to 5 days after unprotected sex.

I am the same as you, on the pill but I often forget to take it and it's a real stress, maybe you and me both should see our doctors and find out about a more approprate method of contraception.

Hope it all works out.
  • Options
    well im usually good at taking my pills, and i could have sworn i took it. And dont roll your eyes at me scott, its un called for.
    I did think i was being careful. And as there we had run out of condoms i fort i would be ok as i fort i'd taken it.
  • Options
    well im usually good at taking my pills, and i could have sworn i took it. And dont roll your eyes at me scott, its un called for.
    I did think i was being careful. And as there we had run out of condoms i fort i would be ok as i fort i'd taken it.

ok fair point..... you did make the effort, i just think i see alot of these posts from you thats all...
    i would have thought that after the first time you would know how to go about dealing with it thats all..... *shrugs*
  • Options
    Well yea i do admit i do get a scare every now and again. but the other times it has happened ive been able to take the MAP but this time i cant as its too late. which is why im asking for advice.
  • Options
    Well yea i do admit i do get a scare every now and again. but the other times it has happened ive been able to take the MAP but this time i cant as its too late. which is why im asking for advice.
    ok, as i said fair point...
  • Options
    Doh! Zella, when will you learn. Not so much about the unprotected sex, but about your ex! I assume this is Danny we're talking about? If so, then don't go anywhere near him. He fucks your mind, fucks you, and fucks you up! :(
    Even if it isn't Danny, what're you messing about with ex'es for? Ex'es are ex'es for a reason. Don't go back to them, don't have anything to do with them.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    what u like hun! you'l just have to wait, i dont think there is anything you can do if its too late for the MAP, god i memba sayin this and it turned into a huge thread! oooh well. g'luck xxxx
  • Options
    perhaps you should go to the doctors, see a nurse, brook or something quick pronto?
  • Options
    Go see a doctor/nurse asap. Well i would anyway.
    Exes are exes for a reason.... Tis always best to stay away from them, especially if you know theres even the smallest chance you will end up sleeping with them, it just causes more heart ache usually...
  • Options
    Maybe you should think about a different form of contraception? When you keep forgetting to take a pill it probably isn't the best method for you. Have a think about the contraceptive injection or implant or the IUD/IUS - all of which will give you constant protection once they have been administered.

Check out our contraception factsheets for more info.

Also, you shouldn't rely on taking emergency contracption as your main form of contraception - it seally should only be used in an EMERGENCY. Read more about it all here.

If you are on the combined pill, the chances of being pregnant after missing one pill are quite remote, but you really should review your contracpetion methods to avoid so many mishaps - and of course, always carry condoms to minimise your risks of catching and STI.

Hope that helps my dear x