Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Am I being silly?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I used to stay with my dad quite frequently, but now I feel I prefer my mums house, My own house. I have my own room and everything while at my dad's I dont. I have to climb into my half sisters bunkbed which is a very tight squeeze and my step sisters are really annoying. I know they are only little kids, but it gets on my tits.

I just feel better visiting him for a few hours then going back home to my own PC, my own bedroom, and most importantlymy own bed.

I left tomight and I thing he thought I was going to stay, but he came to the window and asked
"Don't you want to stay?"
This made me feel bad coz I love my dad but I just feel I don't want to stay. I have been feeling guilty since I came back and would like other people's opinions on the matter. I feel like such a bad son :(

What would you do? Has it ever happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Am I being silly?
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    I used to stay with my dad quite frequently, but now I feel I prefer my mums house, My own house. I have my own room and everything while at my dad's I dont. I have to climb into my half sisters bunkbed which is a very tight squeeze and my step sisters are really annoying. I know they are only little kids, but it gets on my tits.

I just feel better visiting him for a few hours then going back home to my own PC, my own bedroom, and most importantlymy own bed.

I left tomight and I thing he thought I was going to stay, but he came to the window and asked
    "Don't you want to stay?"
    This made me feel bad coz I love my dad but I just feel I don't want to stay. I have been feeling guilty since I came back and would like other people's opinions on the matter. I feel like such a bad son :(

What would you do? Has it ever happened to you?
    i'm sure he'll understand and appreciate if your honest ...he'll know somthings wrong and worry about it ...till you tell him.

what a fucking amazing sig you have!
  • Options
    look, your not a bad son and atleast he gets to see you, just explain how you feel and explain that you feel uneasy about staying over night.

Maybe go on a weekend away or camping trip if you/he still feels upset.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    look, your not a bad son and atleast he gets to see you, just explain how you feel and explain that you feel uneasy about staying over night.

I dont really feel uneasy as such. I just prefer the comfort of my own home thats all but he tells me that his home is my home too. But it doesnt feel that way.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Am I being silly?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    what a fucking amazing sig you have!

I know, fucking amazing isn't it!
  • Options

i agree :yes: its not like you dont love him, you just feel uncomfortable in his house with your step mum. maybe when you talk to him you could change rooms in the house, so you get more privacy so it feels like its your home aswell? good luck :)
  • Options
    You should just tell him what you just posted basically.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    i agree :yes: its not like you dont love him, you just feel uncomfortable in his house with your step mum. maybe when you talk to him you could change rooms in the house, so you get more privacy so it feels like its your home aswell? good luck :)

My stepmum's great actually, but you did hit the nail on the head with the privacy. Theres only 2 rooms though :(
  • Options

Fuck me am i dreaming..:eek: someone agreed with me.

anyway..just tell him how you feel. he will understand but if you like spending time with him. ask to spend more time together but don't stay over.

Good luck mate..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    My stepmum's great actually, but you did hit the nail on the head with the privacy. Theres only 2 rooms though :(

dont worry i wasn't implying your step mum's an evil witch :p hmmm 2 rooms is kinda difficult......loft conversion? ok thats a pretty drastic step....umm....i dont know but even if you weren't staying with step relations, you wouldn't be sharing a room with a blood related sister? i think that makes sense. so by explaining that to your dad, he should be able to come up with something....
  • Options
    dont worry i wasn't implying your step mum's an evil witch :p hmmm 2 rooms is kinda difficult......loft conversion? ok thats a pretty drastic step....umm....i dont know but even if you weren't staying with step relations, you wouldn't be sharing a room with a blood related sister? i think that makes sense. so by explaining that to your dad, he should be able to come up with something....

Well, my step sisters are 9 and 6 lol, I wouldn't share a room with them anyway. Apart from being too old, they snore :lol:

I've decided to stay once in a while, but not every week like I used to.
  • Options

Good idea, just speak to him its all you can do. not much else can be said except from saying Good luck..
  • Options

I agree with you too :p

I don't get to see my dad more than about 8 weeks of the year. Which to be fair is not a lot of time. Yeh, so I talk to him a lot, but it's not the same. If you live close enough to your dad to be able to see him a lot, then you're lucky.

Just explain to him that you aren't comfortable staying at his house and explain the reasons why. Not wanting to stay does not make you a bad son, it just makes you human. If you tell him the reasons why then he will understand :)
  • Options
    Like others have said, he will be worried and upset as he doesnt know what's wrong. Tell him and he will be fine :D