Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Please can someone analyse this situation for me???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, this situation is really confusing me i just dont know what to do, nor do i actually understand it.

It all started off in about december when i met my boyfriend. We are still together but he has a massive problem with my friend.

However, my friend has a massive problem with him. I have spoken to some people about my friends problem and they say that it is because she actually loves me. I didnt actually understand why people said this but then i realised that maybe she did because she has admitted that she is bisexual and she has asked me to kiss her/have sex with her etc on a number of occasions. But it doesnt actually bother me because i dont love her like that.

Later, she did admit to me that she was jealous of my boyfriend but she also happy for me because he was really sweet. Another friend told my boyfriend that she was jealous of him and some of the things that she had first said about him, and he was pissed off at her even more, and then he became jealous.

The worst of it came last night when my friend told me to tell my boyfriend that she was gonna got him for taking her away from me etc, for a joke, and i did but he was like "oh, im gonna have to text her now" and i was like "no, dont do that (blah blah blah)" and he sent her this text sayin that he loved me and he was sorry that it hurt her but this was love...

Then the vicious circle continued, and my friend even mentioned the fact that me and her was going to america together and that she was gonna take me away from him. Then he replied back with something about how i was only going if me and him had split up (which wasnt true) After my friend had a go at me about the america thing she cooled off, and was ok about it.

However, he than sent her another text in the mornin which said something about how me and him had planned it all and he was gonna me up with me etc.

Can someone help me understand the situation. I havent fully explained it but im really not sure how to react to all of this. Does my friend really love me? Is my boyfriend a little too ahead of time? (we've only be going out for 5 months)What can i do to make them see eye to eye?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think your friend has got to realise that you dont think of her like that. shes doing her best to sabotage your relationship and im not surprised your boyfriend feels threatened and is pissed off with her. you need to tell your friend that shes got to stop behaving like this because it is NOT acting like a friend
    ^^ i totally agree with you, if she was truly your friend, first she would realize that you don't like her like that, and second she wouldn't be trying to sabatoge your relationship. i think you need to have a deep conversation with her about it. if she doesn't understand, i think a little distance may be in order.
    I dunno wot to believe anymore cause i asked my boyfriend if he said those things and he swore on his life that he didnt, so she might be lying. But i dont wanna cause between me and my friend becasue she is always goin on to me about how she hates everyone apart form me and a couple of other people and i dont wanna lose her friendship as it is important to me. I also know that she would explode if i mentioned to her that i thought she was tryin to ruin my relationship because i said it a couple of months ago to her but more in a sense of "fine, ill split up with him then if it makes youu happy" and she freaked and i have read so many posts abut how friendship is more important that boyfriends etc and i know that she will be there when my boyfriend is gone.
    Originally posted by cheap_vodka:
    <STRONG>I also know that she would explode if i mentioned to her that i thought she was tryin to ruin my relationship .</STRONG>

thats because its true!
    it really depends on how you feel about your boyfriend. are you going to go through your whole life letting her ruin your relationships because `friends are more important`, thats not true, friends are just as important, but not more so, and if shes trying to wreck your relationship by telling your boyfriend that shes going to take you away from him when you are on holiday with her, then she is totally out of order, and you basically are letting her get away with it, and shes going to keep doing it. youve got to put her straight and dont let her emotionally blackmail you by saying that you are the only person she likes.