Home Politics & Debate
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Armed guards on planes

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    not being cheeky, but how do you guess? because if they arent uniformed the only way you'll know is if they jump up if the plane is hijacked

    The trick is not to tell on an online forum. No point in declaring it to the world, really. Plus, in the end it doesn't matter as long as they prevent accidents from happening.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    The trick is not to tell on an online forum. No point in declaring it to the world, really. Plus, in the end it doesn't matter as long as they prevent accidents from happening.

    go on then pm it to me, if you *really* can tell
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    go on then pm it to me, if you *really* can tell

    Don't have to prove anything to someone I don't know if I can trust.
    Not saying it's a big confidential secret, but I assume it would be best that word didn't get spread.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Don't have to prove anything to someone I don't know if I can trust.
    Not saying it's a big confidential secret, but I assume it would be best that word didn't get spread.

    just wondering, how do you know who is/isn't an armed guard?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Don't have to prove anything to someone I don't know if I can trust.
    Not saying it's a big confidential secret, but I assume it would be best that word didn't get spread.

    oh for fucks sake its not the bloody location of the fountain of youth
    im just curious that you can make a statement like that and not back it up in any way
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by hybrid
    just wondering, how do you know who is/isn't an armed guard?

    Being in the surroundings of either people who fly or are directly connected to El-Al, would give me a hint.

    Either way, Char, calm down. Didn't mean this to be a kindergarten kind of "I know something you don't, na na na na".
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by hybrid
    so what do you propose in terms of protecting yourself/others? maybe better security measures at the airport? i know, in the cockpit they should have a button which releases sleeping gas, so when the pilots find out the plane is being hijacked, they can press the button and hey-presto....the terrorist is asleep :)

    i'm very sorry for saying this to the passangers of the 9/11 flights but what a pack of ******s they were, come on face it, if you saw a couple of arabs standing up with weapons and said we're hijacking this plane, i wuld jump up and absolutely kick the fuck out of one of them and got others to help before they even reached the cock pit, the penslyvenian ones did that and i'm sure they saved the lives of many people, possibly george bush, but what were the others thinkin., "oh yea they're taking us home", of course they knew they were gonna die anyway so why didn't they help the 2,900 odd in the towers, silly people
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by turlough
    i'm very sorry for saying this to the passangers of the 9/11 flights but what a pack of ******s they were, come on face it, if you saw a couple of arabs standing up with weapons and said we're hijacking this plane, i wuld jump up and absolutely kick the fuck out of one of them and got others to help before they even reached the cock pit, the penslyvenian ones did that and i'm sure they saved the lives of many people, possibly george bush, but what were the others thinkin., "oh yea they're taking us home", of course they knew they were gonna die anyway so why didn't they help the 2,900 odd in the towers, silly people

    in part i agree with you and the pensylvanian ones were incredibly brave for attempting to overthrow the terrorists. but i guess in a situation like that, although normally 40 people could overpower one guy, they might have been too scared to?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by hybrid
    in part i agree with you and the pensylvanian ones were incredibly brave for attempting to overthrow the terrorists. but i guess in a situation like that, although normally 40 people could overpower one guy, they might have been too scared to?

    no offence, but they had knifes for fucks sake, not guns and couldnt have killed a lot of people, someone could have grabbed them and took the knife off them and restrained them, like its been said, they were outnumbered and played on the people being cowards to not restrain or defend them selves

    also im sorry these people died, no-one deserves to die in fear, but like the pennsylvania plane, it could have saved lifes
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    no offence, but they had knifes for fucks sake, not guns and couldnt have killed a lot of people, someone could have grabbed them and took the knife off them and restrained them, like its been said, they were outnumbered and played on the people being cowards to not restrain or defend them selves

    also im sorry these people died, no-one deserves to die in fear, but like the pennsylvania plane, it could have saved lifes

    i know and i agree, im just saying that because we weren't in that situation we don't really know the situation
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by turlough
    i'm very sorry for saying this to the passangers of the 9/11 flights but what a pack of ******s they were, come on face it, if you saw a couple of arabs standing up with weapons and said we're hijacking this plane, i wuld jump up and absolutely kick the fuck out of one of them and got others to help before they even reached the cock pit, the penslyvenian ones did that and i'm sure they saved the lives of many people, possibly george bush, but what were the others thinkin., "oh yea they're taking us home", of course they knew they were gonna die anyway so why didn't they help the 2,900 odd in the towers, silly people

    Fine you have your opinion.
    But I ask of you to respect the memory of the people dead, and maybe formulating yourself in a clearer and more respective language.
    Thanks.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because they are not uniformed how would the majority of passengers know that they are real "sky marshalls"? they could just as easily be terrorists?

    They give them identity cards and whatnot.
    i wuld jump up and absolutely kick the fuck out of one of them

    Are you an expert on being in a hi-jacking situation? Has your plane ever been hi-jacked? You have no way of knowing how you would react to that type of situation, and I very much doubt you would do the above when they are willing to die for their cause with big knives.
    but what if they missed when shooting and shot a passenger?

    Better 1 dead than 20 or 30.

    Until those guns were taken from them by sleepers who undoubtedly would be aware of just that sort of potential for plain clothed security agents on board.

    What? they would just let their guns be taken away? What planet are you on?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    They give them identity cards and whatnot.

    in regards to your comment to my post, sure they can have identity cards, great. but at what point of the highjacking will they be able to flash their cards to the passengers on the plane? ID cards can also be forged (well if credit cards can be, i'm sure they can). its all nice having ID cards but in the situation i very much doubt they'd be much help for the passengers identifying who really is a sky marshall.
    Better 1 dead than 20 or 30.

    but what if the 1 or 2 dead are the pilots and co pilots? and like it was said before, what if they shot the window? or shot something that helped control how the plane works (cant think of specifics but u know what i mean)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by The Matadore

    Are you an expert on being in a hi-jacking situation? Has your plane ever been hi-jacked? You have no way of knowing how you would react to that type of situation, and I very much doubt you would do the above when they are willing to die for their cause with big knives.

    oddly enough i haven't been on a hi-jacked plane but i have been in a situation where someone has threatened me with a knife and i did handle it pretty easily, you say they are willing to die for their cause, well i'd be willing to survive for my cause, and what would you do in that situation, plead with them, "please put the knife away", of course you would jump up and fight them (especially if 200 odd people there on your side), stop being a SILLY AMERICAN LOVER
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by byny
    I certainly wouldn't want to risk the possibility of being 'an innocent bystander' when the shit hits the fan in a small enclosed space thousands of feet in the air, clever bullets or no clever bullets!!

    But let's be honest, if the shit hits the fan and a terrorist takes over the plane, you'll be an "innocent bystander" anyway...
Sign In or Register to comment.