Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Moving for love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend lives down beside Derby and I live in Scotland and we have decided to get a place together when we have both finished college. We are going to try and get a flat in Derby however I am the one who has to give up everything i.e. my mates and everything I know from where I live now.

I really want to be with him and have agreed to move down there however I am scared I won't make any new friends or anything and plus the fact I don't know any places in Derby.

Any advice or any comments anyone would like to make?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How in love are you? When you say college do you mean college or university? Are you sure at 18 that you love your boyfriend that much that you are willing to give everything up, when he gets to keep everything.

Sorry to be negative, but these are all things you have to take into consideration.

However, I think it would be relatively easy to make friends as you can start with his friends and carry on from there.
    Take your time, and dont rush into anything. You are only 17 years old.

How much do you love the guy- enough to get married? Enough to have kids with him? Enough to put up with his smelly socks and his snoring and his inability to do any tidying or washing-up?

The simple fact is that if you dont know if you can live with him, it might be a good idea to find out first before moving 300 miles from your home and shacking up with him. And if you are not looking at marriage and spending your ebntire life with him then perhaps he isnt the person to be moving 300 miles away from home to be with.

Dont rush into it, and dont let him pressure you into it. Is he prepared to move to Scotland? And if not, why not?
    Heading for disaster...D*rby is full of sheep!

Move to nottingham...full of fun :D

Sorry, useless info but just had to tell ya!! :naughty:
    I know not to rush in too anything and I do see a future with him. I have over a year to make a decision because we both have a year and a bit before we both finish college. He is prepared to move up to Scotland however I would rather move because I don't really intend to spend my life in this area any longer. So I have ages to think about it.