Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Okily Dokily, here goes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hmm, rather an embarrasing one is this one, but (even tho it is ok now) a few weeks ago, i started getting a bit of irritation at the very tip of my foreskin. I thought nothing of it, until i was in the shower, went to pull my forskin back, for a bit of cleaning, as you do, and it fucking killed. Being daft, i just put some anticeptic cream on it. The next day the bit in question was seriously dry, and the skin was getting flaky. Still very stupidly, decided against a doctor, and put some vaseline on it a couple of times a day, to keep it moist, and within 2 more days it was fine. However during those days, i couldnt pull my foreskin back at all, and sex was definately out of the question.
Everything is alright now, but I worry incase it happens again. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be? Sorry if this was all a bit graphic :s

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm it could have just been a bout of thrush but then again it might have been something else completely ... see if the bottom of this article sounds like it ...

if it does it is easily treatable next time... if not I'd suggest a visit to your gp.

If you have had unprotected sex recently, you should go to your nearest GUM clinic for tests.

Susie :)

STIs
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply suzie, I'll read that article when i get a chance, bit busy at work. I have had unprotected sex, but only with my girlfriend who i have been with for over a year and a half, but only because she is on the depo provera injection.

Edit
    Sounds familiar, but still doesnt explain the really dry skin which was flaking off.... Thanks for your help anyways Suzie. If it comes up again, I'll go see the doc :)
  • Options
    It could always be eczema, which would make it flaky and sore. Might sound odd, but it can happen.
  • Options
    if its happened before or reguarly, some people just have tight forskins, something there born with, you might need to be circumcised but if it hasnt happened before then go to your doctor or pharmasist :)