Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

99 excuses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, like most threads in this forum, I like this girl. And I would ask her out, but I seem to have a long list of reasons not to ask. It seems so easy, but I just can't do it.

1. Her best friend treats her like shit, she is like a lap dog, and will do whatever her friend tells her to do. I get on with this friend, but she keeps mentioning me asking her out, and how she doesn't think it is a good idea. I have no idea whether she is being genuine or is somehow threatened by someone taking away her dear little lapdog away.

2. Her Dad won't let her go out with boys. Now, I wouldn't mind this if it wasn't for the fact that he is a Marshal or something VERY important in the British Army, and he has beaten up her brother's friends before ( her brother is two years older than us- 16/17)

3. Her brother doesn't like me anyway, and doesn't like his little sister having male friends, so I think a boyfriend is a big no go in his position, and her brother packs a punch too ( such a threatening family!)

4. There are a few people who really wouldn't want us to get together ( my friends, her friends etc) which just bugs me, because if we were to go out, it would be a rocky road. My friend's aren't bad friends, they just don't like her, and the same goes for her friends I think. However it might just be a case of us not knowing each other very well ( her friends I mean, not her)

I like to think I'm not a pussy when it comes to asking out girls, and talking to girls and stuff, but I don't whether it is worth the effort.

Hmm, so what do you think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would find another girl. :p

Or date this one in secret for a while until I knew if we'd get on well together. If that happened then I'd go public and to hell with everyone else:p
    I think Id give this girl a miss to be honest and find yourself someone who's dad says she can see boys :D
    Sounds wanky, but it really depends on how much you like her, and how attached you are to your limbs :p

Seriously, I'd back off and just not go there. Even if you did get together, it just looks like more trouble than it's worth, to be honest :eek:
    Originally posted by Harmless
    I would find another girl. :p

Or date this one in secret for a while until I knew if we'd get on well together. If that happened then I'd go public and to hell with everyone else:p

i agree, good luck :)
    Wait till she's 18 :P

Her family sounds like a bunch of wankers tbh - her dad beat up her brothers friends?! :eek2:
    Problems 1, 2, 3 and 4 can all be resolved with the Hawk Kick.
    Depends how much you like this girl really, doesnt it? Is she worth the effort, the risk and the possible hassle?

If you are more worried about how people will see you than you are about being with this girl then Id give her a miss tbh.
    It isn't public perception that worries me, it's whether having a load of Army blokes beating me up is worth spending more time with her. I think it is, I mean her family wouldn't find out unless it became serious, but what if it does? ( Rhetorical question)

Next problem in the saga: I may see her tomorrow night, as she is going to a party just 5 minutes away from the party I will be at, on the other side of the village.The problem is she will probably be drunk. And I would not like to ask her when drunk because what's the point. She could say yes, but not mean to, or say no, and be really nasty about it or something . What if she says yes, and then in the morning I ring her or something and she says she doesn't remember, or she didn't mean it, and it isn't interested? How perceptive are you when you are drunk? I myself never really get drunk as I don't drink often, and when I do, it isn't really that much. Hmm.
    Geez, sounds like the kind of situation I'd find myself in!

It depends how much you like her... if its a passing thing, or you're even a bit unsure of your feelings for her (compare them to previous fancies) then there's no point. But if you're emotionally killing yourself over her then its worth it. I think.
    unfortunatley peoples perceptions count. it may not worry you but what about her? will she be worried about what her friends say?
    when i started going out with ang my friends couldnt believe it (he was not exactly popular lets say) and basically turned their backs on me. in time they realized that he made me happy and were really apologetic etc. they were scared that i'd go all weird and never talk to them again, it bothered me a hell of alot and ang was like 'zo, if its gonna cause problems maybe we shouldnt' etc but i liked him lots and my friends came round in the end.

i think youre right, it will be a rocky road, but if you like her and think you can overcome it all, go for it.