Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Serbia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont know too much about it, but it seems strange to me that 27% of voters would vote for the "Nationalist Extremist Party" or something. Surely the names offputting?:eek2:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm.....ok
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Erm.....ok

sorry i havnt made much sense. Saw it on news though.
    someone who knows more help!
    It is not good news that such a party gets more votes than anyone else, but then again there were many parties representing democracy versus the one party representing Milosevic's approach to politics- so they got all the nationalistic vote while the democratic vote was split.

Guardian editorial on this
    Yet, just as in France, it is important not to allow the drama of the ultra-nationalist success to obscure the bigger picture. The fact is that 59% of Serbs, a clear majority, have voted not for the thugs and demagogues on trial in the Hague but for the democratic parties that overthrew Mr Milosevic in 2000.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    It is not good news that such a party gets more votes than anyone else, but then again there were many parties representing democracy versus the one party representing Milosevic's approach to politics- so they got all the nationalistic vote while the democratic vote was split.

Guardian editorial on this

so what has actually happened now? I have not seen it mentioned.