Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The most painful medical problem you've ever been through.

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tonsilitus, cuz my tonsils swelled up where i couldnt breath, eat, drink or do anything and they were sooooo sore, :crying:
    but i dont have any tonils anymore :D cuz it happend to me 3times :(
    when i was having an op on my arm, and they neglected to give me enough anaesthetic, and i could feel eeevrything- them cutting me up and fiddling around and ouch, that was quite painful. i said "er.. am i supposed to be in so much pain?", and they went "oh, oops!" :D

and another time, when i was asleep, i got cramp in my leg. 'cept instead of going away after i started rubbing it, my muscle started to spasm and as a result, my calf muscle ended up tearing. that was FUCKING painful!! i was laying there screaming for bloody ages and i couldn't walk for weeks. that was worse than all the times ive broken my arms and when i had a whole needle pierce through and into my foot.
    i had really terrible headaches early last year for about 8 weeks it felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife in the head and the light made it worse it was agony.
    I got *really* bad cystitis when i was 15... that was fucking painful.

Stitches in my head when i was about 5... still remember that.

I haven't had really *painful* diseases *touches wood* but i do have M.E... which means i get all the fun after effects of muscle aches and things like that. Great fun :D
    Chemotherapy treatment is the hardest thing i've ever done
    Either severe food poisoning (dont know how to spell what I had) or tooth ache.
    I haven't had much painful either, but either...

(a)When I broke my toe at karate, at least I think I did - you see, my instructor was *very* unsympathetic so I was scared to tell her despite it absolutely killing (It wasn't exactly owt macho, by the way - I caught it in someone's trousers :P) Then I didn't want to make too much of a fuss in front of my parents, because I had a karate grading in less than a week and they might have stopped me doing it :( It only hurt really badly for a few days though... more a dull ache after that.

(b)These lil spots/lumps I get all over my hands every couple of months, they make my hands look horrible and they're dead sore, especially when it's cold weather :( I think it's an allergy or summat.
    Well mine is either where i went 3days with a broken hand (still continued to kickbox with it) as my mum said it wasnt broken

or my operation on my ear, which hurt alot,
    When I was constipated when I was about 10. My mum said it was the same kind of pain as having a baby, which put me off wanting kids for a while. Now I want 3 :p

Or a few weeks ago when I fell over (someone tried to steal my chocolate, so I went to kick him, he grabbed my leg and tripped the other one over) on my elbow, and it hurt like hell. It still does when I bang it accidentally on something. Twat.

Or, although I don't remember it as I was so young, I imagine a hernia at 7 weeks must have been pretty painful! Other than that I've been good :D Apart from my headaches and period pains, but I'm kinda used to them now.

Oh, and Fafnir, my friend at school had one of those ganglion thingys. She used to do little ying yangs on it in art with paint. It was quite disgusting! She's had it removed now though. They're like a load of nerves all bunched together or something :confused:
    Umm
    Never broken a bone, had a serious disease, any stitches, never even been to hospital than visiting...:confused: I do remember being almost paralysed from period cramps though, blergh
    umm, when the nasty doctor man tried to pull my T-tube (like a grommit) out of my ear only for me to find it was still attached to my ear drum :mad: :mad:
    I knew some one who tore their forskin during sex and had to go to A&E, they put THREE stitches in it!!

OUCH!
    i had my ears put back when i was younger, hurt loads after. umm i dislocated my shoulder which feckin hurt like hell. fink thats about it.
    Having a tooth in the roof of my mouth exposed was nasty. The general anaesthetic was good, sleeping while feeling like I was floating. But waking up was awful, as this lump of antiseptic-soaked gauze was sewn into the roof my mouth. Whenever I caught anything on it like food, it pulled the stitched and made my eyes water. I couldn't talk for weeks after, and tried not to breathe antiseptic over people. Lost weight though since I couldn't eat much!