Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Size 6 Trousers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just come back from a very disappointing shopping trip! I'm in need of some new black trousers for work - all my others don't fit at the mo because I've lost loads of weight lately (see thread in Health forum).. Thing is, my others were a size eight in the first place and now even they are loose!

Anyone know of anywhere which stock size 6 or have a small-ish size 8? (in a 34" leg too!)

I tried a size 6 pair on in Miss Selfridge and could nearly get them down over my hips and bum with all the buttons done up! The only pair I found which did fit were a size 6 in Warehouse, but the style didn't suit me (and they were £40!) :rolleyes:

Any ideas anyone? :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    miss selfridge sizes are mahoosive. i wear a 6 there in a lot of styles, and i'm usually on the big side of an 8.

topshop do 6s in certain styles, and with different leg lengths, so they won't sail above your ankles.

failing that, try learning to sew.
  • Options
    Gap do small sizes too. They do american sizes though, so try a 4 or a 2 in there (I have seen them, they go really small) and because they arent the most common of sizes, youll often find those sizes in the sales :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Gap do small sizes too. They do american sizes though, so try a 4 or a 2 in there (I have seen them, they go really small)

a 4 in Gap is equivalent to just over a UK 10.
    a 2 is just over a UK 8.

they do size 0 and 00 in certain styles, which are equivalent to a small UK 8 and a UK 6, which you might have more luck with.

*used to work in gap*
  • Options
    Pilot's size 6 is tiny, try there. I'm a size 6 with 32" leg so I know what you mean!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    a 4 in Gap is equivalent to just over a UK 10.
    a 2 is just over a UK 8.

*used to work in gap*
    well how come their 8 is the equivalent to UK 12 then, and their 10 is a UK 14. this is what ive been told in more than one gap.
    I thought it was just american sizes in there?
  • Options
    well how come their 8 is the equivalent to UK 12 then, and their 10 is a UK 14. this is what ive been told in more than one gap.
    I thought it was just american sizes in there?

they are american sizes, but they run big. the thing with american sizing is that it's really erratic. i have a pair of size 00 trousers that fit, and a pair of 6s that also fit. the staff in gap are trained to give out the standard 4 sizes below speech, but normally the person will have to go down at least one size to get a good fit.

i'm a UK 8/10 and all my gap jeans are 1 or 2 depending on the style.
  • Options
    they are american sizes, but they run big. the thing with american sizing is that it's really erratic. i have a pair of size 00 trousers that fit, and a pair of 6s that also fit. the staff in gap are trained to give out the standard 4 sizes below speech, but normally the person will have to go down at least one size to get a good fit.

i'm a UK 8/10 and all my gap jeans are 1 or 2 depending on the style.
    hmmm, ive never found them to run big. Maybe its to do with your actual shape, and not necessarily the measurements as much.
    curiouser and curiouser.
  • Options
    do you have an Express over there? If so they are absoutly great in pants. They pretty much have any size in waist and you can get them in long, med or short, so they *always* seem to fit... for me at least, and I've heard lots of other people that have hard times looking for pants find good stuff there :)
  • Options
    Size 6:eek: That's diddy.

Majority of places i've been to lately (Yes I was with my sis before you ask questions:p) only usually have size 12 & above. Not because they don't stock smaller just that the demand for 10 & below if far greater.

Hope you succeed in your quest for some black trousers.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    Majority of places i've been to lately (Yes I was with my sis before you ask questions:p) only usually have size 12 & above. Not because they don't stock smaller just that the demand for 10 & below if far greater.

:yes: I get annoyed when I go shopping, cos they only seem to ever have big sizes left in anything that I want!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    :yes: I get annoyed when I go shopping, cos they only seem to ever have big sizes left in anything that I want!
    its stupid. unless youre slap bang in the middle of average, then its hard to find clothes. if youre skinny theres nothing, if youre fat theres nothing.
  • Options
    :yes:

and even if you're normal, clothes still don't fit you.

my hips are too big for my waist, and my legs are the wrong length. and i'm too short for a lot of clothes, but not quite short enough to be petite.

hench my making your own suggestion :p
  • Options
    its stupid. unless youre slap bang in the middle of average, then its hard to find clothes. if youre skinny theres nothing, if youre fat theres nothing.

Yeah it's usually the size 12's that they have and thats all. My mate's a 14 and when we go shopping neither of us can ever find anything in our sizes :rolleyes:
  • Options
    :yes:

and even if you're normal, clothes still don't fit you.

my hips are too big for my waist, .
    mine are like that, ive got big hips and bum, but small waist. Im also a size smaller on my top half than i am on my bottom half. Clothes buying can be a nightmare at times (but i still love it)
  • Options
    mango, zara, stradavarious, bershka....oh and massimo dutti do tiny sizes
  • Options
    yea i have real problems cos i got a diddy waist big hips and long legs.

and im not paying miss sixty prices no way no how
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess

I got some miss sixty jeans from TKmaxx in the sale for £20. They fit me really nicely.
  • Options
    tk maxx <3
    miss sixty stuff fits me real good but i once paid 60 quid for a pair of trousers that werent even very nice and i grew out of rather quickly.

the jeans that fit me the best are levis superlow rise stretchy ones very nice
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    yea i have real problems cos i got a diddy waist big hips and long legs.

arent miss sixty prices the same as most other places?
  • Options
    i dunno, maybe i jsut have a problem with miss sixty

they tryed to flog me a skirt which was so short it had knickers sewn into it :no:
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies! I'm going shopping again tomorrow, so I shall see what I can find..

I did pick up what I thought was a size 6 in Pilot (have got some other size 6 trousers from there, last summer) the other day but when I got to the changing rooms I found they were actually a size 16 and the clip on the hanger had been covering the 1! :rolleyes: Typical!

Will see how I get on tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps

I did pick up what I thought was a size 6 in Pilot (have got some other size 6 trousers from there, last summer) the other day but when I got to the changing rooms I found they were actually a size 16 and the clip on the hanger had been covering the 1! :rolleyes: Typical!
    could you not tell how huge they were?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite
    arent miss sixty prices the same as most other places?

:no:

£80 for a pair of jeans when i can get a perfectly nice pair for £30 in one of the high street shops? i think not.
  • Options
    :no:

£80 for a pair of jeans when i can get a perfectly nice pair for £30 in one of the high street shops? i think not.

rofl i pay about 50quid for their jeans and in the sale i got 3 pairs for 50quid so ner :p living in Dubai does have advantages :D
  • Options
    some miss sixty jeans are £99 or something
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Top shop do size 6!!!

...and all the way up to a 16 :yes: