Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Another pill question(s).

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I should be taking the morning after pill tomorrow but I'm not sure if I carry on taking the normal pill too. See, I was on antibiotics and they make the pill stop working and then it takes the pill 7 days to work but I was on day 5 when I had unprotected sex(xmas eve). I shall hopefully take it tomorrow but like I said, I'm not sure if I carry on with dianette. Also, will I get the period? I ask because if I do still taking the Dianette then it stops your period, non? But then if I dont get the period will i still have a higher risk of getting pregnant?

I'm all so confused. And yes, I know I was stupid, I dont need people to tell me that.

Comments

• Options
    im not too sure about this one? would this not be in the leaflet that comes with the MAP? ive never taken it myself but im sure there will be a leaflet that comes with it, if not then you could always ring the nhs helpline on 0845 46 47

sorry i couldnt be more help :)

xx
  • Options
    You should carry on taking your pill as normal, i think... because if you miss one now, your protection will drop further, and you'll have to wait another 7 days before having sex and being protected via the pill.

I don't know about the period thing, but i do know that the MAP has a tendancy to mess up your periods, so don't worry *too* much if it doesn't come dead on time, or you start spotting towards the end of your pack. Having said that, if it's more than 5 days late, i'd do a pregnancy test.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that you should just keep taking your pill as normal. But your period may get a little screwed up by the MAP and come early or late. If it's more than a few days late though, do a pregnancy test like Sara said. I'm going to be boring and say ring the helpline or ask a doctor or pharmacist, they'll definitely know the answer.