Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When you were younger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
say like my age (15)

Where did you want to go?

I would like to get away from the big city and live in a nice little English village.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    New York, made it when I was 17, amazing city and people.
  • Options
    Morocco and I got to go too :D
  • Options
    pub
  • Options
    thailand, australia, new zealand, phillipines, morroco and egypt
  • Options
    i wanna go to egypt and i think my dads taking me next summer to learn to scuba dive :D
  • Options
    Anywhere abroad will do me nicely.

I've never been abroad yet or away on holiday as a matter of fact. I'm 18 now.

I haven't even got a passport.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
  • Options
    ...anywhere away from school.

nah, i was happy where i was.
  • Options
    New York.
    No doubt. And I won't rest until i've been there.
    Come saturday :D
  • Options
    When I was 15 I really wanted to go to New York and New zealand.
    3 yrs later and I have still not been to NY But I'm going to New Zealand this summer!
  • Options
    At 15 I wanted to stay in my town (70 000 people) It's my home town, it's not a nice place but i will accept no crit of it or I will kill you all!

18 Moved to Cardiff, capital city nice stuff! Welsh are friendly people!

Bopz
  • Options
    Actually i'm 15 right now...
    Anyways...I went to Paris when I was 11, I was born in israel.
    I want to see more of this world...much more...
    I'm planning on going backpacking through Africa. Iwant to see what it's really like there. You hear a lot of stuff on the news and read about it but from people who actually went there, I know it's quite different than what they say it is. Anyone up for backpacking? ;)
  • Options
    Peru! Going next year, I can't wait. Also going trekking in India. It's all very exciting. (Except the jabs. Yuck.)
  • Options
    Russia
  • Options
    I remember in Year 6 we had to choose a country to do a topic on and I chose Brazil. From then on I had a bit of an obsession with it and to this day I'd still love to go there.

Guess it's just how it's so diverse, from the biggest rainforest in the world to the favellas of Rio, I'd love to go backpacking around it for a while. :)
  • Options
    Not really anywhere, to be honest. I guess it's because when I'm from Australia, and I've already seen quite a bit of the world.

Now I want to move back to Melbourne, but I don't think t'missus does *sigh*
  • Options
    Ufff... Everywhere. I wanted to move to Valencia... And I did at 17. Then to Benidorm again. I did at 20. I wanted to move to London... I did three months ago. And in a couple of years I want to go to Havana! I´ll do that too, of course. (I should really make my mind up, shouldn't I :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    Anywhere would be nice really, i wouldn't mind seeing many places but i want to go to Amsterdam and the South American countries including Peru, Columbia and i would love to visit Brazil, i've always liked that place since 1994 after they won the world cup, it must have been the bright yellow t shirt or something.

I also would like to visit Vientam and Cuba to which my uncle has seen both before.

I want to see all the world, we are only hear once so we may as well see it all don't you think?
  • Options
    There are too many Americans in Columbia... Why not try Colombia, it's much nicer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    [BNow I want to move back to Melbourne, but I don't think t'missus does *sigh* [/B]

ooh it's too cold in melbourne. I have to go down their for my officer training at the end of next year.

* just realised that you might not find melbourne quite as cold as i do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by xicoperez
    There are too many Americans in Columbia... Why not try Colombia, it's much nicer.

Yea that would be better, my mistake, it was late and i was stoned.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I didn't know you were from Melbourne Kermit..... We have the opposite problem, my partner wants to move there and I don't want to go back......
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    I didn't know you were from Melbourne Kermit

I'm not, I'm from Manly in Sydney;)

There is hope for me yet- t'missus reckons that if Australia don't do the biometric passports then we'll move there tomorrow:D
  • Options
    Re: When you were younger
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    say like my age (15)

Where did you want to go?

I would like to get away from the big city and live in a nice little English village.

Madagascar to see the wildlife.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    There is hope for me yet- t'missus reckons that if Australia don't do the biometric passports then we'll move there tomorrow:D

If the UK does then chances are Australia will follow... And in answer to the question, which I realised I haven't answered - At 15 I had a list in my diary and a map on my wall, I wanted to go to Japan, the UK, Italy, Russia, Barcelona, Prague, Amsterdam, China, Nepal and the Antartic. 4 out of ten isnt too bad......
  • Options
    I fell in love with Gozo (very small island off Malta) when I went there when I was younger, I've been wanting to go back since.

The Maltese are so nice and their langauge is fantastic, a wierd mix of Arabic and god knows what else, very strange.
  • Options
    I absolutely loved Mdina, on Malta itself, it is the most incredible city, I could have spent days just wandering around. I didn't make it to Gozo but I did love Malta, I have bad memories of driving there though as they all drive like maniacs.
  • Options
    Totally right, they are the worst drivers in the world I've seen, though the most dangerous are in SA where most of the mini taxis carry weaponry.

We were going up a steep hill in a car one time and we went by this bloke on a tiny moped, we realised he had his whole right leg in plaster, then we went past him and realised his whole left arm was in plaster too!!
  • Options
    :lol: They just don't care do they! I wonder if he broke things by having an accident on his scooter......
  • Options
    Lovely people though and their Churches are amazing, isnt it 99.9% of the population goes to church every week.

I prefered Gozo to Malta, its more of a back water, its even slower and there are places which arent that touristy.

Did you get to the blue lagoon? Theres some fantastic diving off Gozo too, I went diving there and there was a massive drop off wall with loads of stuff living in it, it was one of the best dives I've done.