Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Are we in love?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been living with my b.friend for about 2 years. He's either on the PC or doing loads of drugs. Even though we live together we hardly have any communication. Then there is the problem of people permenantly invading our space because he deals drugs. When we finally get time to become intimate I get really nervous and try to avoid the situation. I do love him but what do I do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you sure you love him or is it just easier to stay with him than to make a break ?

What is it about your relationship that keeps you interested if there is no communication and after 2 years with him you are still nervous around him.

I don't like to put a downer on it but things sound far from ideal. You can't let things continue the way they are - you need to start communicating and tell him that you don't feel like you spend any quality time together. You need to get yourselves out of the rut before it becomes too late.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is it love? of is it familiarity and fear of change? Someone close to me was stuck in a situation kinda like yours and realised that it wasn't love, just what she was used to.

I'd suggest taking a look at what is between you, what attracts you to him and how you show your affection for each other. I'm not saying it is, but it sounds like you're stuck in a rut.