Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've just noticed this today, cause my parents house is smooth wooden flooring, but i have little swollen lumps on the underneath of my toes and on my heels.

when i walk, the feel like blisters, but there's nothing there, it's just swollen. they hurt, but only really slightly, and they feel warm to the touch too...

i never wear anything but my comfy trainers, and i walk around in socks most of the time, so what the hell are these? and how can i make them go away?

i don't really want to go to the doctor, cause it seems too trivial - like going with a bruise... and it's not really bothering me enough.

Comments

• Options
    sounds like chilblains to me. I get them every year (touch wood I havent had them this year yet) Its a sign of bad circulation, unfortunatly im really prone to them. They can be caused by going from one extreme of temperature to another, ie, having freezing cold feet, and then putting them on a hot radiator to warm up. They can be just a bit sore, or they can be excruciatingly itchy and quite painful.
    chilblains
    the pic on this link looks like blisters on the toes, but mine usually dont get that bad, mine just look like little red patches usually.
  • Options
    the bad circulation and extremes of temperature sounds about right, but they're not red and they're not itchy... just normal skin, but a bit raised up. maybe they are in their starting stages.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    sounds like chilblains to me. I get them every year (touch wood I havent had them this year yet) Its a sign of bad circulation, unfortunatly im really prone to them. They can be caused by going from one extreme of temperature to another, ie, having freezing cold feet, and then putting them on a hot radiator to warm up. They can be just a bit sore, or they can be excruciatingly itchy and quite painful.
    chilblains
    the pic on this link looks like blisters on the toes, but mine usually dont get that bad, mine just look like little red patches usually.

OMG that picture is greb... I hate feet :yuck: as for a cure... aloe vera maybe?
  • Options
    i get chilblains every single year without fail, even on my hands too. they dont swell up like the picture, they just cause me a lot of pain when im trying to open say a bottle, or something, and they get itchy too. you can get creams from your doctor that settles them down if they become irritating and itchy, but im alergic! lol. worth a try if they get any worse, but in future, just try and keep wrapped up warm i guess, and moisturise, cuz if they do get itchy and swollen it will benefit you to be well moisturised :thumb:
  • Options
    I used to get them really bad as a kid and mom used to give me a cream but I can't remember what it was. Also she told me to never pick at them.

I haven't had any this year-is that cus I joined a gym or cus its a lot milder this year?!
  • Options
    Re: feet
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    when i walk, the feel like blisters, but there's nothing there, it's just swollen. they hurt, but only really slightly, and they feel warm to the touch too...

i don't really want to go to the doctor, cause it seems too trivial - like going with a bruise... and it's not really bothering me enough.

Rainbow Brite could be right.

I've got cold feet most of the time for some odd reason and when i go into the hot shower...cold--->hot...chilblain etc...so i've got a lump on my little toe. It was worst last year.

OR they could be something to do with wearing socks all the time but i doubt it.

If it persists for more than 2weeks, see your GP. He/she will give you some cream or something useless...and you can decide whether you want to take it.
  • Options
    ive got chilblains on all me toes, which is annoyin n sore. i got it from bein at the stables all day in the cold and then comin home at night into a warm house. ive never had it before, but jst went into a chemist n got osme cream that vost a couple of quid n it works well

x
  • Options
    apparently wearing trainers all the time can be bad for your feet as they don't really give any support...maybe its to do with that...:confused: