Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worl idol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Heyhey

Sooo excited! Cant wait til tomorrow night..... World Idol yay!

Not sure how long a wait it is for u guys Im completely oblivious to the time difference...... BUT its on at 7:30 pm tomorrow night here in Brisbane Australia...... just 25 hours and 45 minutes.

Anyone heard the other idols? Wish I lived out of Australia so I could vote for Guy Sebastian (ur not allowed to vote for the ido from your own country)...... he is so amazing. Watch out for him k? He is singin 'what a wonderful world' but to a different arrangement which he did himself..... talented little boy he is.

Yay cant wait. You guys looking forward to it? Who do you think will win? Can someone please put in a vote for Guy for me ;)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    who won?
    i saw kelly clarkson but then i got bored.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    who won?

You dont find out till new years day.
  • Options
    VOTE KELLY WORLD IDOL
    Dial 09011 21 21 08
    OR
    txt VOTE KELLY to 83322

*whistles innocently*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Gavman
    VOTE KELLY WORLD IDOL
    Dial 09011 21 21 08
    OR
    txt VOTE KELLY to 83322

*whistles innocently*

Saw that coming when I saw your name. :p

While I usually avoid Pop Idol like lepresy, I actually liked a couple of the foreign contestants, namely the Australian guy and the erm, the Dutch guy, or whoever the person who sang Beutiful day was . Wasn't too sure what to think of the rock guy. You would think his target audience wouldn't be watching, but they obviously did in whichever country he was from.
  • Options
    They were all utter shite apart from the American, Will Young and the bloke who sang Beautiful Day (Norweigan). And even then they weren't great.

Ideally, the Norweigan bloke should win, but I bet that American will win because they have to be the biggest and best. :p

And I thought that Polish girl was quite pretty until she smiled.. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    And I thought that Polish girl was quite pretty until she smiled.. :crazyeyes

God, I know..yellow teeth ala train tracks AHOY! :yuck: She was too presumptous, I thought.

I thought Will Young was quite naff: I've heard him do better renditions of "Light My Fire", to be honest. It was just..really plain.
  • Options
    The guy who did a nirvana song should be slapped for bringing over a bad stereotype of 'rock' fans. that and he did an awful version of the song.

I think our Will was the best :D but the guy that was on last (the one they said looked like a hobbit) had the best voice. If Will doesn't win, he should. All the rest were crap.
  • Options
    kurt (who was the last one and did the cover of U2 - Beauitful day clearly deserves to win

he covered that song so well with his voice and i was stunned at how good he performed :)
  • Options
    I liked the Australian guy, and the last guy the Norwegian one who they said looked like a hobbit :D

I still think Will should win though cos he is just beautiful and his voice <3<3<3 It would be fab.
  • Options
    that peter guy who did the cover of nirvana lithium doesnt really fit in with the pop / world idol scene - its just the wrong type of music the judges are looking for :/

however with a band of good musicians - he could easily go to stardom :)
  • Options
    I voted for the norwegian hobbit, but I quite fancied mr canada. Will Young was the best though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    that peter guy who did the cover of nirvana lithium doesnt really fit in with the pop / world idol scene - its just the wrong type of music the judges are looking for :/

however with a band of good musicians - he could easily go to stardom :)

Well he obviously does in Norway, as they made him win. And what is this thing about a bad stereotype of rock fans?

But did anyone watch the video before the South African guy sang. Did you hear the guy who he beat in the last round? Much better. My South African cousin who was with us explained that most of the CD purchasing population are young white females, so the other guy never had a chance. But hey, that's getting a bit political.

Is anyone actually going to vote? I mean, fair enough on Wednesday night, but can you see yourself waking up on Monday morning and voting?
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Well he obviously does in Norway, as they made him win. And what is this thing about a bad stereotype of rock fans?

Actually, the one who did a cover of the Nirvana song was from Belgium, the Norweigan one sang Beautiful Day.

And I think it does get a bit political, in all fairness, the Arabian (Lebanese I think?) entry was utter shite, she breathed in really loud and it was so annoying, yet she still got praise from our judges. I thikn if it wasn't for all the trouble recently and it was neutral, they would have ripped her apart.
  • Options
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    I still think Will should win though cos he is just beautiful and his voice <3<3<3 It would be fab.

:yes: Will was ace!

I agree with what Simon said though, quite possibly the weirdest bunch of people ever!! :eek2:
  • Options
    Please dont make me repeat my post now go vote for kelly already :yeees:
  • Options
    No, cos we want Will to win :p
  • Options
    If your in the UK you can vote for Will :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know that. But if we vote for her then we're helping her win arent we? Fool :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I know that. But if we vote for her then we're helping her win arent we? Fool :p

LOL yeah! I wonder if they have very high voting numbers...because however much I liked that Australian guy, theres no way I'm voting for anyone because I want Will to win so much!

Wasn't that Polish judge really strange and stupid?
  • Options
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    Wasn't that Polish judge really strange and stupid?

He was very odd. But then so was that Polish pixie girl. I think there must be something in the air in Poland!
  • Options
    Bahhumbug, could care less. Pointless, superficial things that don't mean a shit to anyone else, except for the person who wins.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MySuffice21
    Bahhumbug, could care less. Pointless, superficial things that don't mean a shit to anyone else, except for the person who wins.

So get out of a thread about it then :rolleyes:
  • Options
    He was very odd. But then so was that Polish pixie girl. I think there must be something in the air in Poland!

definitely.

all my polish relatives are completely mental.

but then, if you had to speak a language that's devoid of vowels and eat fish in jelly for christmas dinner, you'd probably be mental too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    but then, if you had to speak a language that's devoid of vowels and eat fish in jelly for christmas dinner, you'd probably be mental too.

:lol:
  • Options
    Kurt won.

Will came fifth :eek2:

The results were recorded yesterday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Kurt won.

Will came fifth :eek2:

The results were recorded yesterday.

:eek: I forgot it was on today, thankyou for reminding me!

But that is just....wrong! Kurts the hobbit right?!:mad:
  • Options
    i can't believe i just watched that, it was shite. Am i the only one who doesn't really like his voice? sorry just shoot me if you want, but i thought it was bad.

and now hes started singing it again bloody hell, go away you silly man. i'm off.

(sorry about lack of punctuation, i should really know better)
  • Options
    Originally posted by HellsBells
    go away you silly man
    hehe :heart:

Oh well, Will's still my fave ;) The worst bit was having Posh Spice mime really bad and make a bigger twat out of herself than usual! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The worst bit was having Posh Spice mime really bad and make a bigger twat out of herself than usual! :rolleyes:

Should've watched Eastenders for the first half :yes:
  • Options
    I don't really give a fuck what a bunch of Norwegians, Yanks or Arabs think of Will.

Did you see that ugly rocker bastard from Belgium or something? He deserves to be stabbed in the face too :mad:

And as for the winner :rolleyes: