Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I love him again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I asked this guy out just over a year ago and he said no. Since then we've been building up a friendship which has got pretty good in the last few months and I thought I was getting over him.

But suddenly I've started falling for him again and it's driving me crazy! I've gone through all the feelings before only this time I know there can't be a happy ending, but I can't help feeling optimistic....why is all this happening again?

Worst thing is that he's in upper sixth so he's going to uni next year and I doubt I'll see him again. A similar thing happened with another guy last year and it makes me so miserable <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/frown.gif"&gt;

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas about how I can get over him?

Comments

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohhhh I so know what you mean, I've been in the exact position as you.

    I fell for this guy and got really good friends with him, and I thought he liked me but it turned out he just wanted to be just good friends, so I sort of got over him but then I fell for him again...so now we're just really good friends but if he ever said anything could happen I definitely wouldn't say no.

    Its really hard isnt it ? I know nothings ever gonna happen with him and so I'm just thinking that its better to be good friends then to be fancying him and not even knowing him isnt it?

    If you asked him out nearly a year ago, maybe his feelings have changed about you in a year ? But to find out, if the answer was no he didnt like you like that again, it'd be pretty heartbreaking wouldnt it.

    I've not got any advice to 'get over someone' because I don't think it can happen, you need to get over someone in your own time, sometimes it might feel like you'll never get over anyone ever, but you do, one day i think you'll just see another guy who you really fancy <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/smile.gif"&gt;

    Hope things work out.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by wildchild:
    I asked this guy out just over a year ago and he said no. Since then we've been building up a friendship which has got pretty good in the last few months and I thought I was getting over him.

    But suddenly I've started falling for him again and it's driving me crazy! I've gone through all the feelings before only this time I know there can't be a happy ending, but I can't help feeling optimistic....why is all this happening again?

    Worst thing is that he's in upper sixth so he's going to uni next year and I doubt I'll see him again. A similar thing happened with another guy last year and it makes me so miserable <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/frown.gif"&gt;

    Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have any ideas about how I can get over him?
    ok i went out wiv this guy for bout 3 months and he fucked off and got someone else pregnant i have now found out that they have finished b cuz zhe lost the child but now hes single im soooo much back in love wiv him and he dont want to no ne more !so im just takin each day as it comes and triying not to think about him ne more,but its hard,real hard talk to friends they'll get u through it thats whats there there 4! good luck !!!!

  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh mi god! i dont know u sexybabe but whatever u do dont like him! he sounds so nasty and hell only do the same thing again
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by ElisaKate:
    If you asked him out nearly a year ago, maybe his feelings have changed about you in a year ? But to find out, if the answer was no he didnt like you like that again, it'd be pretty heartbreaking wouldnt it.

    Sorry to drag up this thread again but I saw him again today at school, and I'm beginning to seriously think maybe his feelings have changed..... he's been talking to me a lot more, and just the way he acts around me seems different, nothing special but just kind of more encouraging....

    I always thought that if he did change his mind he'd tell me, but now I'm thinking that after this length of time it would be difficult for him because he doesn't know if I still feel the same.

    Now I've written it I guess it sounds like I'm blowing things out of proportion, and maybe I am, what do you think?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wild, ur setting urself up for a real disappointment here. i know its nice that he's starting to become ur friend again, but don't get ur hopes up at a slight change in attitude from him.

    i'm sorry to have to say this, but do you really want to go through that again? if he wants to go out with you, he will eventually ask. that's the real sign he's changed. and he should expect ur feelings to have chnaged and factor that into his approach. he's ignoranant if he believes that ur feelings are the same after that time.

    it's okay to hold out hope for the happy ending and to be his friend again. but don't push something that could end up exploding in your face a second time.

    good luck.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Calvin:
    i'm sorry to have to say this, but do you really want to go through that again?

    I guess you're right <IMG alt="image" SRC="http://www.thesite.org/ubb/frown.gif"&gt;

Sign In or Register to comment.