Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

tonsilitis and hot and cold moments

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a really sore throat went to the doc today he sed he thinks its the start of tonsilitis also got antibiotics.

I also keep having hot and cold moments, I have been gargling with salt water, taking throat lozenges, eating ice cream and trying to drink plenty of fluids. Anyone got any idea of how else i can try to relieve the pain- painkillers don't work for me.

None of these things really help.

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: tonsilitis and hot and cold moments

those 'hot and cold moments' are usually cause you've got a fever, which is normal with an infection. usually the best thing for them is good old paracetamol.

for your throat - the throat sprays are better than lozenges, cause when you suck a lozenge it tends to make your tongue go numb and do piss all for your throat.

you can also get extra strong lozenges which will make practically your whole face numb. i forget what they're called, but it ends in 'caine' and you can buy them over the counter at chemists.