Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

pill/pregnancy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, I know that the periods you get on the pill aren't 'true' periods. It says that in the leaflet. So if you were pregnant, would those periods stop, or keep going? If so, how would you know you were pregnant? I don't think I am btw, just asking.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ...symptoms? Ya see, I'm the worst hypochondriac... so it's like, I feel a lil bloated and I get scared I'm pregnant :( What proper symptoms would there be, cept morning sickness?

Oh yeah, I was also meaning to ask - would a shop-bought pregnancy test still work if you were on the pill?
    Originally posted by dominatrix

Oh yeah, I was also meaning to ask - would a shop-bought pregnancy test still work if you were on the pill?

yup.

you would probably stop having periods, although being on the pill increases the chance of bleeding regularly while pregnant slightly.

you'd probably also start getting other pregnancy signs - needing to pee lots, feeling sick, tender boobs.

and taking the pill while pregnant will not harm your baby. although obviously if you find out you're definitely pregnant you should stop taking it.
    I spoke to Brooke recently about this; they said that these periods would stop, although you may, as others have said before, have some breakthrough bleeding, or implantation bleeding. Dont rely on symptoms though, I was once 16 weeks late for my period, and I wasn't pregnant! If you're worried, wait until you're period is due (be careful in the meantime), continue to take your pill through this time, and then do a pregnancy test if you dont get your period on the first day of your net period. Or if you're already late, take one now. The pill wont affect the results of the test.
    Rightio, thanks girls :)
    How wierd! just came on to ask this question, freaky :)