Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Students and Scurvy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Well...myself and my friends at uni dont eat the healthiest of food (as in, salad on a kebab is considered healthy, orange juice with alchohol is healthy..stealing a grape in morrisons is your weekly fruit intake) but it wasnt until we realised how awful we all looked that we realised there was a good chance we could have scurvy! our skin (esp lips) is flaky; nails weak and brittle; hair is dull. You can't moisturise a lack of fruit! But we're so poor now (after forking out £500 in rent) that we can't afford to get fresh fruit or veg (we even use smash rather than buy potatoes) or orange juice etc... it is a pot noodle (45p each) and brad (15p a loaf) kinda christmas. How can we be a bit healthier yet still remain lazy and cheap!!??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I make sure I eat fruti and stuff to combat this problem... buy loads of vitamin supplements from Boots or something. You probably don't have too much to worry about.

(Aaah... home cooking tomorrow...)
  • Options
    A couple of people at my uni got scurvey (sp). One even had to go to hospital! Take vitamins, £500 rent, your in a dream world. I pay £760 and some people pay £1000.

Bopz