Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

what do you actually use

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
you all talk about your drug experencies but what do you all actually take ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: what do you actually use
    Originally posted by K.N.S
    you all talk about your drug experencies but what do you all actually take ?
    whatevers not nailed down ...
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: what do you actually use
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    whatevers not nailed down ...

Exactly.

Apart from solvents, pretty much every thing I can get my hands on.

Although I probably wouldn't try mornng glory or heroin again either. Chased the dragon before and I spewed everywhere (lightwieght :rolleyes: ). DMT is another drug I wont try again - too much of a head fuck.

I would like to try opium but have never had the chance.

Ecstasy, Alcohol and Fly Agarics are my fave drugs no doubt. Used to love weed but it gets me tooo paranoid now - it's nice in smll amounts.
    Weekender Offender 
    Just cannabis for me please :D

.:Crispy:.
    I would try most things except heroin, i've tried different drugs here and there, just a part of society these days.
    I've done quite a few different things (if your interested do a search) but I dont touch much now.

I'll do amphet, MDMA, GHB, mushies and 5-meo-dmt every now and then, but rarely.

And I smoke puff and have zopiclone for my insomnia more regularly.
    Ive done a bunch of drugs over last few years, but now ive narrowed it down a lot and im only interested in coke, speed and cannabis. The rest have bored me.
    alcohol and cannabis on a more regular basis, coke occasionally, pills on special occasions...
    Back in the day I used to take whatever I could get my hands on, but after a few fucked up experiences and inability to cope with comedowns I've narrowed it down. :D

Now, I drink nearly every weekend, use cannabis when I've got money to afford it or a friends got some. Use acid when I feel up for it (very occasionally), and pills/speed once in a blue moon (I will be using pills on NYE for the first time since summer).
    erm -

mdma

speed

coke

ketamine

acid

weed

still left to do:

2ci/cb

mushies

DMT - if i ever find some

crack - gotta try it once

never will do:

heroin - injecting
    So you will smoke rocks but you wont shoot heroin? Sounds wise to me.
    Originally posted by Londonboy

crack - gotta try it once

the amount of times ive heard people say that one.. and then spend the next few years doing the stuff is unbelievable, ive seen the distruction it causes to you, your family and friends and life.

If you have the will power to try a drug like that for experience sake and stop then good for you mate :) If you dont then i wish you all the luck in the world because u may very well need it. Just be safe. Dont want same to happen to you as happened to my fella and friends.
    Seeing as its pretty much the most addictive, and expencive drug on the market I would suggest its not worth the high.
    Within a few weeks of my fella and his mate first trying it with an addict, they both quit their jobs so they could get high all day and were commiting crimes i dont want to really talk about so they could afford to sit on their arses in the flat doing nothing but spend hundreds of £ a day on it.

and, more than any other drug i think, crack turns you into a right WANKER!!! i went from being head over heels in love to hating my boyfriend and anything about him. Turns people into shitheads.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    So you will smoke rocks but you wont shoot heroin? Sounds wise to me.

yeh but theres something slightly more sinister about stabbing yourself with a needle. Not a pretty picture if you overdose either.
    Crack, yes i agree its dirty and highly addictive but i dont believe for one minute that you can get addicted to it from one hit. Yes there are those out there who have continued to smoke it after their first hit but you need to study the psyche of those particular groups. If it was the case that everyone got addicted to crack on their first hit we'd have a lot more crackheads out there! This also applies to heroin, its pure myth that you get addicted straight away!
    I'd aggree that with heroin that yes, it does take quite a while to build up a physical addiction. But crack is very different, there is no physical addiction, its all psychological, so yes you could quite easily develop addiction like mind patterns from the first use.

I think it is more than likely that some users do try crack for the first time and think "this is it, this is it for me" and are pretty much addicted from that first hit.

I think it is very easy to underestimate the addictive potencial of crack cocaine.

And just because you dont see yourself as a 'crack head' or one of 'those people' does not mean you wont get addicted.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    When a mate of mine was dealing coke he often used to wash up and I've done crack several times now. It definately has a morish quality about it simply becasue the effects are so short lived. I havn't done it in a while now and probably wont again.
    Weekender Offender 
    I do think it is one of those drugs where some people just fall head first in love with it first time though.
    See, youre right some people dont get hooked off first hit, some people get so scared by their first experience they never do it again, and some luckily dont see the attraction, but for those who do really like it from first go - that seems to be it. you do need will power. but with any drug you can say i just want to try it, but if you like it that much youre likely going to think 'why should it only be once?' i said it to pills, coke, speed, everything, even cannabis..

And while youre on crack - and you have no more money to refresh that hit many, many people would beat the living day lights out of somebody, anybody to get another one. Tell a crack head to do anything and you will give him a hit, and chances are he'll do it.
    I think it is more than likely that some users do try crack for the first time and think "this is it, this is it for me" and are pretty much addicted from that first hit.

Exactly - some people have that addictive personality or the psyche where they feel they need to take drugs to escape from their problems. Yeh i agree in the sense that if someone smokes weed everyday and then tries crack that person may think "hold on this is much better, i think ill take this from now on" but in my case i just want to experience it once. Im not going to try it and think hmmm that was the best thing ever let me keep taking it - i dont feel that i need to escape my problems that badly. Ive never been addicted to any drug and that includes nicotine (i smoked for 2 months got bored and stopped - simple)

But i am seriouly not trying to undermine the fact that crack is an addictive drug and can mess your life up. I am well aware of these facts and i'll probably never go out of my way to try it really!
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    the amount of times ive heard people say that one.. and then spend the next few years doing the stuff is unbelievable, ive seen the distruction it causes to you, your family and friends and life.

If you have the will power to try a drug like that for experience sake and stop then good for you mate :) If you dont then i wish you all the luck in the world because u may very well need it. Just be safe. Dont want same to happen to you as happened to my fella and friends.

And you say you like coke. Its the same drug y'know.
    I'd aggree that with heroin that yes, it does take quite a while to build up a physical addiction. But crack is very different, there is no physical addiction, its all psychological, so yes you could quite easily develop addiction like mind patterns from the first use.

People getting addicted from one hit is a myth.
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    - some people have that addictive personality or the psyche where they feel they need to take drugs to escape from their problems.
    and here is one of the main problems with addiction. it is still little understood as to why and who.
    you may well believe your not the type ...the simple truth is that no one can know. no one. there are more highly inteligent doctors and other medical proffesionals addicted to drugs than any other proffesion. when you meet and talk to these people they do not have life/social/emotional problems that they wish to escape from. believing addiction is about a need to escape reality has been proved a myth again and again. it seems at the moment that it is more to do with physical brain chemistry than anything else. you may take heroin at weekends only, for thirty years or more but then something happens ...that something may happen after one taste or three hundred. when it happens your hooked.
    i have to be one of the strongest and determined people you could meet yet ...i became a heroin addict. those strengths got me out but it seems those strengths may well have got me in!1cannabis.jpg
    Blagsta; I would aggree that it doesnt happen often, but I do know a couple of people who have tried cocaine and from that first use you can see the addiction there already. Its like something clicks in their brain. Obviously it does take a lot more use to develop a habit, I just mean with some people the way they think is altered by that first hit and then they go on to get addicted.

I also know one bloke who did cocaine and loved it, then never touched it again because he knew he would become an addict if he did it again.

I also know one bloke who did cocaine and loved it, then never touched it again because he knew he would become an addict if he did it again.

thats the route i took, i really loved it too, but the price of it put me off and i knew if i started to do it more regularly i would get hooked
    in essance yes it is the same, but in reality its quite different, the effects are entirely different for a start.
    Crack cocaine is a pure form of coke.. the salts are extracted (it is the salts im sure?).

which makes means when you compare the two, coke is crap, weak, and basically nothing at all.. crack is so much different to that.
    Long term cocaine and crack use has very similar effects.
    I always find it weird how coke users look down on crack users...you're using the same drug, just in different ways. I've even heard coke users washing up with ammonia and still saying that they'd never touch crack... :crazyeyes
    :eek2: somebody should really explain to them exactly what their doing when theyre washing up that coke!! silly billies..

I dont look down on crack users, but i have been touhed by crack for the last few years of my life and my friends and bf doing it has made me get hurt very badly, and see them and their families be hurt even more. I think im just maybe to close to the subject to think rationally about it perhaps. Ive seen so much destruction caused by crack rather than alcholosim or other addictions,

I think with experience of both crack users and coke users i see a dramatic difference between the two. For a start, ive never met a 'once - in - a - while' crack user, but ive met plenty of people who have coke on a special occasion every fe months or so.

I dont know about long term effects of coke and crack (and really i should) however, i do know about immediate effects of crack and their a lot darker and more scary and sinister than coke in my opinon. Coke addicts can be ****s, self absorbed etc.. but from what ive seen crack is worse. My bf used coke and i loved im more than i can express, he changed to crack and i ended up hating him more than i can express all because of what the drug did to him.
    They really ain't as far apart as you think...
    I disagree :)
    Fairynuff, its your life. :rolleyes: