Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

why do people look on bad sides

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
yes i know they are a bunch of evil corrupt spindoctor based america butt kissers BUT

would you rather have tories run the country? do the lib dems have any coherant policies, come to think of it neither do tories ither
its jsut the big flaw in politics here, but at the moment new labour with all its flaws is the best option we have

the nhs might be bad, but all western health services have their flaws, like america with about 50% of uninsured and underinsured people there, and france, with its speed to react to problems like the heatwave cauing lots of old people to die so the nhs suddenly doesnt seem that bad, we all get treated eventually, and the chances of dying of cancer or heart disease once diagnosed has fallen by quite a bit a recent study has shown (even if amounts of heart disease and cancer are up, thats down to lifestyle not the nhs) so i think its coping thanks to the efforts of all the health workers and support staff

and then people say we are overtaxed, how come economically we are doing well in this country, theres less people out of work and supporting themselves than there ever was under the previous government, and less poverty(well not much less, but at least theres some attempt to stop it)

asylum as said before, bears hardly any burden on this country, in fact we actually need low skilled immigrant workers,as well as high skilled ones, because the population here is getting increasingly too old which is fact as theres now more over 50's than under 18s!

if we stopped being cynics all the time, we'd see what we have that many otherplaces in this world dont have, dont you agree?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because it is easier to criticise than praise.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Because it is easier to criticise than praise.

I think thats a lot of it- we finally get a minimum wage, and everyone whines about how low it is rather than celebrating the fact that it exists at all.

Though to be honest anyone who doesnt look distrustfully at ANY action by a politician is dangerously naive in my opinion- the minimum wage was forced by the EU Social Chapter, for instance.