Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Turkey.... joining the EU??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Clandestine, thanks for ruining my sleep at night. ;)
  • Options
    Well Tony Blair did say there was no such thing as class anymore in the UK.
  • Options
    I though that you didn't really like Tony Blair much. If this is the case then would you believe what he had to say? Not many people do anymore unfortunately.
  • Options
    Considering no one can remember the last time the man told the truth about anything, it is not surprising not many people believe what Blair has to say.
  • Options
    I wasnt passing judgement either way, I was just saying. You mentioned about the possibility that our leaders are actualy secret Marxist (frankly stupid idea) and about how in this example class would fall away.

Personally I really think saying we dont have a class system anymore is just rubbish. Yes some of the old ideas of class have changed, but we still have those at the top, middle and bottom. Its just now more based on money and not breeding. But as the old adage goes, you cant buy class.
  • Options
    It was Labrat's ridiculous conspiracy theory that Labour and the Conservatives are trully Marxist.