Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Social Services

Why are they so slow at doing things?? I mean in my case the money they need is already there and has been alicated already, but they are meant to be getting support workers to come in to look after my sis but they havent yet done anything.
My mum has had to call up the agencies , that they use, to get the workers.
But its not just this that they are pants at. Its almost everything they do takes forever!
Why?

*i think this is the right foram for this anyway*
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On occasions like this you'll find that a single call from the media is likely to speed things up a little...

Local News station like this sort of thing ;)

Hell, it works in the NHS you know. Headless chickens all around when we hear that the press are interested in something - especially if we could have done better...
  • Options
    Sounds like a good idea to me, i think i wil have to make a few phone calls.
  • Options
    Sadly social services are really stretched for resources and staff...particularly as there are fewer people wanting to go into the caring professions as they prefer to seek more glamourous jobs.
  • Options
    regarding my disabled daughter i have had to fight and fight the system over the years. now ...for the last two or three years they have been brilliant. i did at one time threaten to sue the head of social services personaly which resulted in a meeting round a big table with education, health etc ...that worked wonders. as bunny says it is usualy a very over stretched service.
    keep phoning and complaining.
    one thing i discovered was when you write to them ...find a sentence where you can insert ..."family in crisis" ...it alters the legal duties to you and your family.