Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sister trouble again

As many of you know i have a lot of trouble with my sister as she is very autistic, but recently she's become voilent towards me. I dont know what to do anymore i lost my job working with her because of the voilence and im scared of her now. i cant be in the same room as her anymore with out the fear of gettin wacked. Its tearing me apart, i love her so much and im very protective of her but i cant be around her anymore. Its so hard. No one knows whaty its like, none of my mates understand, they say it will get better but it never does, she's gotten alot worse since she had to be taken out of college because they fucked her up big time, she's relasped 5 years. I cant cope anymore. now i have no job and no money. i want ot move out of my house deperately because i think it will imporove our relationshipwith me not being around as much.
I used to just put up with her hitting me because it stopped her hitting random people as much but i cant anymore. i really dnt know what to do.
I love her so much but she scares me to much now.

I dont know what to do please sopmeone help, i cant cope.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you say college what sort of college is she in? doesn't she have people who can care for her and give you support at the same time? My friend worked with Autistic children for a long time and though it could be rewarding she did find the lack of progress tiresome.
  • Options
    She went to a special college called ardon in southport, they were meant to be the best. But within two weeks of her being there she was in hospital becasue they didnt make her eat or drink enough. and she wasnt given the one to one support she was meant to be having. all the one to one support ended at 10pm. After school activites were unstructered and it messed her up big time.
    I do find working with special needs kids very rewarding, and i do lot of volentry(sp) work and have done since i was 14.

She has some people who come in and do care work for her during the week, but not enough, she needs 24 care.
    I dont get any support. ive tried talking to my rents but all they want me to do is clean up their mess and some how me doign that ill fix my problems with my sister.
    But i just cant cope with my sister anymore. She's really getting to me.
  • Options
    What has your Mum got to say about it all?
  • Options
    She's not coping much either, she just so tired all the time. I tried talking to her today and she twisted it AGAIN to saying that if i clean up more (i already do loads) then everything will work out. But i know it wont, how can doing chores and acting like cinderella stop my sister hitting me?
  • Options
    Tell her that you're just still a kid yourself, and you need a Mum. You're aware that you have to help to take the pressure off of her, but she has to realise that as much as you love your sister, it takes it's toll on you as much as it does on her. It's unfair to dismiss how you are already.

There's only so much coping you can do regarding your sister beating you up. I mean, you said that you're afraid to be in the same room. She's flesh and blood. If your Mum comes back saying "That's how it's been" say it's not fair you have to live in fear. You need to have some freedom and saftey to. it's a give and take situation, and your Mum ain't giving much.

Don't blab that you're moving out in temper, she'll probably pack your bags and pap you out on the night. My Mum has :\

Dunno if this is any help, madam. <3