Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Church

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Spatule_confessor.jpg
    brilliant moonrat!
  • Options
    did i wish you a happy birthday?
  • Options
    It's called faith. Many people have a faith that somewhere someone is watching over to you. It isn't wise to insult their religions like that either with pictures, there are more people in the world who believe in God and have faith than there are who don't.

I personally don't go to church, but I do believe in God. I do pray from time to time, and I try to live a good life. I personally think that as long as you lead a good, honest life you have nothing to worry about when you die.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    did i wish you a happy birthday?

lmfao :lol:

errrr come to think of it i dont think you did :lol:
  • Options
    I don't mind what religion or faith people follow a long as it doesn't interfere with the smooth running of society, is offensive/subversive or oppresses people unnecessarily.

I'm personally an Anglican christened athiest, so I can't comment really. :)

I have faith in the human spirit, some may call that God. I feel that we all have a natural driving force to provide compassion for those who are either less fortunate than ourselves or who cannot stand up for themselves to continue the human species.

When you die, that is the end.

But as long as people remember you, you are never really gone. :)

Sorry for the rant. May have been off topic.
  • Options
    I used to go to church to impress my dad but I'll admit it has a sense of community to it, which is why I don't have much against organised religion. I left because I couldn't be arsed, had too much on my mind and also because I felt like a 'bad Christian'.

And I thought because I'd had it drummed in to me that I'd go to hell...

But to be honest, whilst I don't hate Christianity, leaving the church was the best thing I ever did.