Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Channel 4 21:00 tonite (Saturday)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bowling For Columbine is being shown on Channel 4 tonite. Just wondering if anyone is going to be watching it (I guessed people in here would be more intrested than in Anything Goes:rolleyes: )

Ive seen it before, on the plane coming back from the USA i think i'll watch it again though, or atleast have it on the TV while im on here or something, as well on the plane it was a tiny little screen and things. Would just like to watch it properly though:)

So yeah are you going to watch it? why/why not/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really want to see it, but I'm going out.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I really want to see it, but I'm going out.

Tape it?:p
    Buy me a VCR and I will. :p
    yes thankyou ...i've been wanting to see it. didn't know it was on till you said so beeeg thankyou!
    I'll watch it if we're not going to the party we're suppossed to go to... Hopefully they'll repeat it on E4 later or something.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Buy me a VCR and I will. :p

How about i dont then. Poor you you'll have to miss it
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    yes thankyou ...i've been wanting to see it. didn't know it was on till you said so beeeg thankyou!

I only discovered it was on by flicking through the TV guide an hour ago you would have thought it would have been advertised a bit more. Then again i dont watch Channel 4 usually.
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    How about i dont then. Poor you you'll have to miss it

Someones had a sense of humour bypass today I see.
    I would watch it, just to clarify what his message is.

He brings in too many factors in the matter of the two hours or so. Never digs into deep with the points he brings up and comes up with something new.

Then again, I don't have that channel, so I'll have to do without.
    Somehow, I think I'll survive.
    im gonna watch it, been wanting to see it for ages now but didnt have film four!
    I'll be taping it tonight methinks...

I always meant to hire it out from the video shop, but everytime I go to I see something else! :rolleyes:
    Mmm, good film, most amusing...
    It's excellent, I'd not seen it before.
    very good, i enjoyed it. Intresting the differences between Canada and the US
    for a look at american gun culture it has to be valid. might be one sided but that we expect ...its the guys angle on the american people. it's his question to the american people ...where/why.
    he has a nice bloky feel to him as well that is so unamerican ...
    I had to go out last night so I could not see it. I'll rent the DVD one of these days.

I hear the interview with that beacon of humanity Charlon Heston was highly amusing...
    Originally posted by Aladdin

I hear the interview with that beacon of humanity Charlon Heston was highly amusing...

No. It was sad.
    His replies were sad. And it was sad that someone would take him seriously, and represent a whole side of an argument by using a man out of his senses.
    Re: Channel 4 21:00 tonite (Saturday)
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Bowling For Columbine is being shown on Channel 4 tonite. Just wondering if anyone is going to be watching it (I guessed people in here would be more intrested than in Anything Goes:rolleyes: )

Ive seen it before, on the plane coming back from the USA i think i'll watch it again though, or atleast have it on the TV while im on here or something, as well on the plane it was a tiny little screen and things. Would just like to watch it properly though:)

So yeah are you going to watch it? why/why not/
    If you'd have put 'Bowling For Columbine' in the title, well, yes I probably would have watched it :(. What I actually did was listen to the serialisation of 'The Midwich Cuckoos' on Radio 4 (coincidentally, I posted a message on a Sci-fi site about it. 'The Midwich Cuckoos at 9 tonight' was the title. Gets the point across, I think). To be fair, I seem to recall seeing that it was on in last Saturday's 'The Eye', but Sat nights are fraught, what with kiddies baths and 'Casualty' and trying not to miss 'Have I Got News For You' for the second time...
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    No. It was sad.
    His replies were sad. And it was sad that someone would take him seriously, and represent a whole side of an argument by using a man out of his senses.
    For the sound of it a great many people in America takes Heston seriously. Starting with the all-powerful and righteous National Rifle Association.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    For the sound of it a great many people in America takes Heston seriously. Starting with the all-powerful and righteous National Rifle Association.
    it was funny aladdin ...but it was also sureal! how he walked out of there in the manner he did got me ...there must be a price on his head after that one!
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

But "the man out of his senses" is the president of the National Rifle Association, and "the man out of his senses" speaks out saying that guns should be allowed for all and sundry.

I dont care if hes a "man out of his senses", he is a dangerous individual and the interview with Moore showed just how uncaring he is.

GWST had a good point whilst we were watching it though- they cant allow themselves to care about a little boy shooting a little girl, because if they did they would realise how dangerous their beliefs really are.
    those so called 'celebritys' charloton heston and that dick guy really made me feel sick, they really had no idea, and as soon as they were asked an awkward question they ignored him and walked off
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    those so called 'celebritys' charloton heston and that dick guy really made me feel sick, they really had no idea, and as soon as they were asked an awkward question they ignored him and walked off
    i got the impression that he was well past his sell by date upstairs. the guy is mad. i wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he realy is moses or his reincarnation. how many hollywood actors do you know that aren't seeing a shrink?
    that would be all well and good ...old geriatric wondering around smelling of biscuits and piss muttering ...no ones listening but ...this guy has a following of millions!
    american culture is scary.