Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Call Centre "outsourcing"

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    15000 a year is nothing. And like MOK said, if the minimum wage doubled, the companies would have no reason to keep their products at a low price for the benefit of all those who used to be on £4.5.

An example, take a look at Ibiza.....over there they have 2 prices. 1 for the locals who earn bugger all, and 1 for the tourists who are rolling in it. It isn't uncommon to pay £5 for a pint over there, much more than in a British pub.

I believe if you want something better than minimum wage then you work for it, the only people on minimum wage are the ones stuck as cleaners and shop assistants. Instead of moaning, I did the sensible thing and applied for another job and now I can look forward to a doubling of my wages.

You've got to remember, that if the minimum wage doubles, everyone elses wage will double too, and that isn't good for the economy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Morrocan; Yes, in some ways the gap between the top and bottom is widening, especially when you look on a global scale.

However that hides the very real fact that the poor especialy in the western world are better now than they have been in a long while. Quality of life in Western Europe has been increasing quite sharply over the last few years.

So yes, the gap is wider, and that does seem quite unfair, but we are all doing better.