Home Work & Volunteering
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month


Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru


  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    we did ours through a mortgage advisor at an estate agents. You wont have to pay for it, the people who give you the mortgage in the end give the advisor a commision. Not all of them are independent though, but a lot of them are, and they really do help you get the best deal. I dont think I could have done it without our mortgage advisor. We even went back to the same place when we remortgaged although it was a different bloke, and he was brilliant too.
    As long as one or both of you has been in fulltime employment for about a year, and you can definitely afford the repayments then there shouldnt be a problem, but they will help you determine that. I think its definitely worth buying if you can afford it, because rent prices are astronomical, and all youre doing is buying somebody elses house for them. At least with a mortgage you get your house at the end of it.
    It is a huge commitment though, to buy a house with somebody. You have to be sure. Id go round different estate agents and speak to a few people, Theyre all pretty good at talking the talk, but make sure you find one thats not too pushy and that you feel is on your side.
Sign In or Register to comment.