Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The Death Penalty

1234568»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Actually I'm starting to think you are a

troll.jpg

no one can really be as misinformed as you are,
    Seconded.
    "In their masses" But they're not, there are no human tides washing up on our beach, no floods of arabs stealing our culture, no plagues of eastern europeans raping our women.

Its just not like that.

Your idea of a 'true englishman' seems to be Terry Thomas, and although a whole nation of those would be quite interesting, its not really that realistic is it.
    Originally posted by giantno1
    Hitler had a vision for his country. It was a vision, however, which he over-did.
    (my italics)

Is that possibly a bit of an under exxageration? :eek2:
    Nah, not really, Hitler was quite a mis-understood soul really, he just got in with the wrong crowd, starting invading countries, you know how it goes, classic story really.
    I would be talking to Englishmen left, right and centre if this country hadn't become what it is.

A quote from a Muslim forum : "There is no facilities for learning Urdu at evening classes in our local high schools. Asian children who wish to learn their native language have to go to school on Saturdays for lessons."

Oh well I'm fucking sorry, this is England after all, what the fuck do you expect? I learnt another language and I had to go to school every Saturday from the age of 3 to 17 in order to do it.

An extract from a letter from the London School of Islamics to Bradford LEA:

"Muslim children need Muslim bi-lingual teachers. Teacher is a role model. It is very difficult to find such teachers locally because state schools have followed the policy of suppressing bilingualism for the last 50 years. The first wave of Muslims arrived with two or three languages including English but the subsequent generations know only English in local accents and not Standard English to follow the National Curriculum.
    The only way forward is to recruit teachers from Pakistan who are professionally equipped in bi-lingual education. They are in a position to help and assist local teachers, teaching National Curriculum right from Nursery level. They can also teach Urdu language so that Muslim children could keep in touch with their cultural roots, as most of Islamic literature and poetry is in Urdu language and is a National language of Pakistan."

What the fuck?! teachers from fucking Pakistan to teach English in ENGLISH SCHOOLS??? IF you liberals dont see what's wrong then its probably beacause something is wrong with you.
    What is this to do with the Death Penalty? :confused:
    Thats a fair point.

But on the matter of schools, why shouldnt Urdu be a possible second langauge for kids at school? Why is it any less valid than German or French.

And as for your second point, are you really going to place your entire arguement on one letter written to an LEA? Come off it, I'm sure they get loads of letters from crank parents complaining about this that and the other.
    What the fuck?! teachers from fucking Pakistan to teach English in ENGLISH SCHOOLS??? IF you liberals dont see what's wrong then its probably beacause something is wrong with you.

Please enlighten me oh guru brainbox...
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    But on the matter of schools, why shouldnt Urdu be a possible second langauge for kids at school? Why is it any less valid than German or French.

'cos its spoken by fucking darkies innit? :rolleyes:
    Urdu is less valid because Pakistan is 1000's of miles away. France and Germany are across a 25 mile strip of sea, and no-one goes on holiday to Pakistan unless their Pakistani or looking for trouble. French and German have been taught in British schools for hundreds of years, not so Urdu. They were introduced into schools because Germany and France are countries of rich culture and history, and French especially has been an important language of diplomacy ever since the Normans invaded England in 1066. Where Urdu fits into this equasion is beyond me.
    I don't know why I bother arguing with you, you have all the debating skills of an ant. :rolleyes:

Urdu is important because there are lots of people whose families speak it in the UK. Not that hard to work out is it? :rolleyes:
    It's called evolution and progress.

Like it or not, there are many British citizens today (yes, British citizens, with British passports) whose ancestors come from elsewhere, and who have strong ties with their past and their forefathers' culture.

Therefore today Urdu is every bit as relevant a foreign language for the British (for that's what they are) to learn as German or French.

Live if it. Or if you don’t like it, migrate to a desert island with all like-minded people, name it 'New Britannia' and then you can stop all non-whites with their funny costumes and their cannibalism and diseases from contaminating the purity of the English Race, and inbreed happily for ever after.
    Yeh, I was seriously giving thought to doing just that......... or not.

"Urdu is important because there are lots of people whose families speak it in the UK" Yeh but who in the name of fuck wants to learn it apart from the only people to whom it matters, Pakistanis. This being the case, it is wrong to offer it in British schools in Britain because it doesn't interest or effect the majority of children. Pakistanis argue that they have to go to special Saturday schools to learn their native language instead. Well I'm sorry but thats just tough shit. This is England where we speak English as our official language. How fucking dare they expect to have the right to learn it in British schools alongside British children. They came here and now they're making demands on us? Do you liberals not think that immigrants should come here to assimilate into our societies and feel part of Britain rather than segregating themselves from it??
    Yeh but who in the name of fuck wants to learn it apart from the only people to whom it matters, Pakistanis.
    See, this is one of the main problems here. You are failing to compute the very simple fact that those people who want to learn it are not Pakistani. They are British. B-R-I-T-I-S-H.

And unless you are against Welsh children being taught Welsh as well, you can't possibly be against British citizens learning the language of their forefathers.
    I'm not against Urdu being taught to Britons of Pakistani descendance but it should only be done in seperate Saturday schools, as the situation is now, where it will not effect the education of non-Pakistani British children.
    Why cant it just be an option for gcse like most langiges are, that way if the student wants to learn it they can. i know of many schools that have latin as a subject, and i mean how useful is that??
    But i do think this would be a good idea to have in school that are in highly asian areas such as bradford or something.
    but it wouldnt be forsed on students. if they want to learn it they can.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    And unless you are against Welsh children being taught Welsh as well, you can't possibly be against British citizens learning the language of their forefathers.

thats all well and good but please dont teach my child it in the same lesson. If my child needs a second language then it would be a one which she may need like French, Spanish etc fo when she goes abroad.
    I have no problem with teaching anyone their language but dont preach it to everyone. My parents lived abroad for a few years and when they were there they never spoke English out of the house, if they spoke in English it was in their four walls. They learned the language and spoke as everyone else did, so why cant people who come to this country do the same ? Why do we have so many places who have Hindu translators, like the benefits agency ? If people want to come and live here then at least have the decency to learn our language.
    We also go back to baa baa black sheep which is a nursery rhyme, has been since the year dot, now its racial. Well wtf are they talking about. also Goliwog, which I have brought into the same type of debate before, we cant say goliwog :confused: , its a fucking toy for gods sake and because some politically correct arsehole sees it as racist we dont have them no more (or very rarely). Whats making people racist is the fact that many everyday British things are getting classed as racial, when in effect they are just ordinary, everyday things.

Oh Blagsta please dont call me racist, because normally thats the first thing you say when someone disagrees with you. Im not racist !!!!
    "Urdu is important because there are lots of people whose families speak it in the UK" Yeh but who in the name of fuck wants to learn it apart from the only people to whom it matters, Pakistanis.

I know quite a few people who have learnt it. We aren't all as narrow minded as you.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    We also go back to baa baa black sheep which is a nursery rhyme, has been since the year dot, now its racial. Well wtf are they talking about. also Goliwog, which I have brought into the same type of debate before, we cant say goliwog :confused: , its a fucking toy for gods sake and because some politically correct arsehole sees it as racist we dont have them no more (or very rarely).

I'm not gonna call you racist, cos I don't think you are. I think you are actually a nice well meaning person, but very misinformed.
    The golliwog is generally offensive, its a horrible stereotype that harks back to the slave trade. If you can't see why that might be offensive, then you need to think about it a bit more.
    The baa baa black sheep thing hasn't been banned iirc, that was a myth put about by the right wing press to discredit Labour controlled councils back in the 1980's.
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    The golliwog is generally offensive, its a horrible stereotype that harks back to the slave trade. If you can't see why that might be offensive, then you need to think about it a bit more.

It used to be on I beleive Robinsons Jam but they could not use it no more (someone please correct me if im wrong). When I was a kid I had a goliwog. Its a TOY, thats all. just like a white doll, black doll, action man doll.........they are all toys. Now goliwogs are rarely found.
    I dont find the golliwog offensive, well i wouldnt because its a toy.
    Stay on topic - this is a death penalty thread isn't it - want to debate a completely different issue go start a new thread. Oh and stop being so bitchy - it's getting boring now (the bitching)
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    thats all well and good but please dont teach my child it in the same lesson. If my child needs a second language then it would be a one which she may need like French, Spanish etc fo when she goes abroad.
    I have no problem with teaching anyone their language but dont preach it to everyone. My parents lived abroad for a few years and when they were there they never spoke English out of the house, if they spoke in English it was in their four walls. They learned the language and spoke as everyone else did, so why cant people who come to this country do the same ? Why do we have so many places who have Hindu translators, like the benefits agency ? If people want to come and live here then at least have the decency to learn our language.
    We also go back to baa baa black sheep which is a nursery rhyme, has been since the year dot, now its racial. Well wtf are they talking about. also Goliwog, which I have brought into the same type of debate before, we cant say goliwog :confused: , its a fucking toy for gods sake and because some politically correct arsehole sees it as racist we dont have them no more (or very rarely). Whats making people racist is the fact that many everyday British things are getting classed as racial, when in effect they are just ordinary, everyday things.

Oh Blagsta please dont call me racist, because normally thats the first thing you say when someone disagrees with you. Im not racist !!!!

I completely agree with you here Becky, 100% This is England where we speak English. I don't mind Hindu, Arab schools being set up to teach the Hindu and Arab children the language of their 'forefathers' but only if these children are prepared to learn English aswell and participate in British society. Assimilation not segregation. These words should be coming from the mouth of a liberal for fucks sake, and I have to end up saying them.

And Bla Bla Black Sheep is not fucking racist, thats a pile of crap that you probably heard from some tree-hugging, animal rights campaigning liberal twat.
    There's another thread to discuss these issues, you don't want to talk about the death penalty then don't use this one.
    And Bla Bla Black Sheep is not fucking racist, thats a pile of crap that you probably heard from some tree-hugging, animal rights campaigning liberal twat.

yawning.jpg

dozing.jpg
    Well that seems as good a place to stop as any.
This discussion has been closed.