Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Slimfast? Losing weight...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does this stuff actually work? Because I've had a cup and am still hungry...

Comments

• Options
    It kinda worked for me, but it redused my appetite(sp#0 so much that now i dnt need it.
    And yea you will still be hungry but you can eat an apple or something as a snack. you'll get used to it. oh and by the way the cheap ones from asda or tescos do the same job, so dnt waist ur money.
  • Options
    oh and also the proper slim fast meals like pasta fill u up more, as does the soup.
  • Options
    Eat loads of fruit instead & snackajacks they're great!
    I don't know how the slim fast people expect you get filled up by a milkshake.
  • Options
    They work just as well as drinking water when hungry.

SlimFast is little more than teaching you to eat less, and to only eat when hungry- I achieved similar results by drinking a pint of water if I felt hungry, and onyl eating if the hunger stayed around.

Most hungry feelings are in fact thirst, and can be cured by water. It does wonders for your skin too.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    They work just as well as drinking water when hungry.

SlimFast is little more than teaching you to eat less, and to only eat when hungry- I achieved similar results by drinking a pint of water if I felt hungry, and onyl eating if the hunger stayed around.

Most hungry feelings are in fact thirst, and can be cured by water. It does wonders for your skin too.

Yes but do you remember those adverts
    where they suggest you have
    a slim fast for breakfast, one for lunch, then a 'proper' dinner.
    Hmmmmm.. I think that you need to eat proper food when when losing weight not liquid food, just choose the healthy stuff.
  • Options
    Just educate yourself on health and nutrition, and you should be able to lose weight no problem without giving your hard earned cash to Mr Slim Fast or Mr Weight Watchers.
  • Options
    Watch it with slim fast type drinks, it isnt good for our bowels to be on liquid food that replaces solids for long periods of time.
  • Options
    A lot of those low fat meals can contain high levels of sodium and carbs...
  • Options
    Beware of fast, faddy diets! They usually make you lose lots of weight quickly, but it's almost impossible to keep it off once you stop using their products. They're also nutritionally pretty poor - it's much better to learn more about diet and nutrition and works best for your body.
    Read these features for more info:
    fast diet, fad diet
    A balanced diet
    Diet industry