Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

late ucas forms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I was wondering if anyone couls help me, because I'm really winding myself up about this one: I only just got my ucas form in. today. I won't go into the reasons (to do with my dropping a sibject and having rubbish predicted grades). the 100% absolutely holy deadline is friday, but have theystarted processing the applications yet?

argh argh argh argh, I will DIE if I don't get any offers *panics*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    This feature may help you out
    ;)
  • Options
    Is that a school deadline? I thought the actual UCAS deadline was in January?
  • Options
    yeh, that's a school/college deadline. the ucas one is january 15th I think.

worry not, mine won't be getting sent off till friday
  • Options
    When to apply to UCAS

Its unwise to normally leave it this late because all the good places are frequently filled up by now, but if you apply before 15 January 2004 you will still be fine.

The date always used to be a lot later, I could have sworn it was June when I applied three years ago. Oh well.
  • Options
    Oh, Ive read it mroe now.

The date of 15 January is to ensure that the Universities MUST contemplate your application, but even if you miss that deadline you can still apply, but the universities do not have to consider your application if they do not wish. But if that happens, you would still be eligible for clearing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The date always used to be a lot later, I could have sworn it was June when I applied three years ago. Oh well.
    June is (and, I am assured, always has been) the final deadline to submit your final first and reserve choices.
  • Options
    jan 15th? thanks a lot, I'll be able to sleep a lot easier now :)
  • Options
    yeh, don't worry about it - your college will just be trying to get it out the way and scare everyone into doing it
  • Options
    It's true - my 6th form made us have ours in by half term in October when i applied. It's just to give the teachers a chance to write your personal reference and make sure that you get your application to the unis before they've made their final decisions on who they're going to take.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Yeah my sixth form wanted them all in by the end of October too, but a few people still haven't sent theirs off and the actual deadline isn't until January so you'll be fine. They like you to send it off earlier I think so they have time to write references and also because they basically start offering places as soon as they receive your application, but I'm sure you will be fine as you still have plenty of time before the official deadline :)
  • Options
    well i only sent mine this afternoon, and there are plenty who haven't sent it yet
  • Options
    There's a few cut off points with the uni's. Jan is one, Around Easter time is another and then there's June. I know I didn't even think of applying till Feb last year, think it was end of March when I actually sent it in, and I got offers from everywhere so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    It's fine!!!! They take late applications in as late as June next year!

I got in at Cardiff uni, and Oxford that way. No stress. It's just more money for them, whatever.