Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Do you get bored?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, just wondering. If you're in a long term relationship, do you get bored after a while? :p

It's just that, it's been a while after I broke up with Laura for the 2nd time. After the first time, I didn't want to break up, I was really upset and things like that. The 2nd time though - thank god! I mean, nothing against her (although she irritates the fuck out of me now... but that's probably me) but I realised how much she didn't interest me at the end of our relationship.

Anyway, wondering; because when I first started going out with her I was all excitable over her, but at the end I wasn't bothered about her either way really. I'm just hoping that Laura actually was a boring person and that it's not a natural thing to get bored with people.

Anyway, replies people please :)

Comments

• Options
    Well, I hate to point out the obvious, but that's probably why you broke up - because you were bored.

If a relationship becomes boring, as I see it you have 2 options - to try to work out why it's boring and change that, put more effort in and re-excite the rlationship, or to end it.

So basically, most long-term relationships won't be boring unless they're coming to an end.

Am I making sense? I'm kinda tired.

But I've been with my boyfriend for about 15months, and I don't know if you'd call that long term, but I'm definitely not bored. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    But I've been with my boyfriend for about 15months, and I don't know if you'd call that long term, but I'm definitely not bored. :)

Awwww :) I'd say that's long term!
  • Options
    Think it's you mate, been with my missus for nearly 5 years and i'm only 21 .... we spend almost all our time together and we never get bored.
  • Options
    i think i am the queen of gettin bored with fella's, im awful! after about 4/5 months of a realationship im like lalala i want a new man, its ridicuolus! i normally end up staying with them anyway for longer, but its just like why do i get so bored so easily!? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    i think i am the queen of gettin bored with fella's, im awful! after about 4/5 months of a realationship im like lalala i want a new man, its ridicuolus! i normally end up staying with them anyway for longer, but its just like why do i get so bored so easily!? :rolleyes:

Because men can only satisfy you for a short time, but you thirst for something more? Heheh. :D :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Well it depends on your definition of 'bored'. It's true that you do settle into more of a routine and get used to each other, and for some people that might be 'boring'. But I've been with my man for nearly a year and a half and we're not bored, just very happy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Because men can only satisfy you for a short time, but you thirst for something more? Heheh. :D :crazyeyes

:lol: ... erm ... no :p
  • Options
    Yeah I think lots of people get bored after the initial rush of being with someone new wears off. There comes a point where you either have to take the relationship to a new level where you do new things and discover different things about each other, or you call it a day. I'm in my second two year relationship at the moment and it is all going fine, I think there was a point when we were getting bored of one another and it wasn't going anyhwere but we worked it out and now things are great.
  • Options
    I get bored very easily, after a couple of weeks i feel like i want something new :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I normally dont get bored. I like routine and being with someone who you learn to trust and love very much. But its annoying when you have girls texting you because you begin to wonder...... BUt im past that now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    But its annoying when you have girls texting you because you begin to wonder......

have you ever noticed as soon as you're single they stop texting you? it's bloody annoying! lol
  • Options
    I usually get bored within the 1st month, if it lasts longer then im hooked. Ive never been bored in a long term relationship.
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    But its annoying when you have girls texting you because you begin to wonder

i get that (obv with fella's though,and girls lol), but thing is i do wonder lol and i text them even more and more and then .. well yea.
  • Options
    not bored. i get comfortable.

i was with my ex for nearly three years, and towards the end i used to get annoyed with him, but i don't think i was bored. he had just changed into a person i really didn't like. that happens.

i reckon two and a half years is the danger zone. if i had a penny for every couple i knew who had split up after two and a half years, well, i'd have a lot of pennies.