Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

masturbation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive bin thinking lately..... is masterbation actually good for you in the sense, that it technically " clears " you out so to speak

or can to much masturbation, run you dry if you get what i mean

Comments

• Options
    Its good for you, very good for your body and mind.

You wont run dry because you dont stop producing sperm until you like die (or reach very old age in which case you're no longer going to get it up):p So don't worry.

You'll keep eating, drinking and sleeping right until you die too and this will all enable you to make more cum etc.

Wanking only becomes a problem when you start losing count how many times you've done it in 24hours and start staying in all the time to have a wank and no longer have a social life
  • Options
    I was thinking it might also be good for you as constant muscle contractions (PC) during ejeculation strenghten your manhood?
  • Options
    i was wondering the same

also if a guy wanks all the time does it make any difference when he has sex? like if he wanks in the morning then has sex at nite would it effect him then?
  • Options
    Ermmm hehe to bring up a point I read somewhere...

Stale semen can turn carciogenic or something :p. Not to worry you, of course!(because I'm not sure) Because I think if you don't masterbate your body gets rid of the excess by wet dreams and such. But think about it people, if you've got a lot of sperm in there, each individual organisms, they aren't going to be healthy if they're 10 years old :p

Micro-organisms usually have very short life spans. But there are exceptions. Sperm is not one of them.

However, if you dont masterbate for a week, apparently you have a stronger final orgasm. But finding some way to occupy yourself for a week is a problem :p
  • Options
    in realtion to the post made by Ilson-Youth, how many of you actually think that masturbation can possibliy increase the size of your penis

because the point he/she made about it being able to hold more blood, thus increasing in size,... sounds like a fair analogy
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Ermmm hehe to bring up a point I read somewhere...

Stale semen can turn carciogenic or something :p. Not to worry you, of course!(because I'm not sure) Because I think if you don't masterbate your body gets rid of the excess by wet dreams and such. But think about it people, if you've got a lot of sperm in there, each individual organisms, they aren't going to be healthy if they're 10 years old :p

Micro-organisms usually have very short life spans. But there are exceptions. Sperm is not one of them.

However, if you dont masterbate for a week, apparently you have a stronger final orgasm. But finding some way to occupy yourself for a week is a problem :p

Hmmm, sperm doesn't become 'poisonous' to your body, more that it becomes 'old', Sperm cells have a finite lifespan so if they aren't used and you don't ejaculate in sex or having a wank, then your body gets rid of them as in a wet dream (has anybody ever had one of these?).

As for the last point, not having a wank for a week does give you a better orgasm but in my experience your body makes it harder to hold in by making you more horny as time goes on. Better have a good few tissues handy too, if you've been without for a few days ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scat lad
    in realtion to the post made by Ilson-Youth, how many of you actually think that masturbation can possibliy increase the size of your penis

because the point he/she made about it being able to hold more blood, thus increasing in size,... sounds like a fair analogy

i doubt it, i think your pretty much stuck with your dick, whatever the size by the time you've finished puberty
  • Options

I would of thought that the muscles which contract which result in ejaculation,
    would get stronger with more masterbation,
    As opposed to relaxation,
    Or some telephone communication,
    Yet the younger generation could be
    unaware of this operation,
    while the older generation,
    are too busy with occupation,
    but overall across the nation,
    id say without any hesitation
    that men get bigger for more... ask [someone] for a demonstration.

OmG MY FrEESTYL0r LYRICS >>>PWN !!!1!;'11one##1!

Weird mood. But more tossin = stronger muscles which are bigger which increases size theoretically? Bigger muscles means more need for blood? I dunno.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Philosopher
    Hmmm, sperm doesn't become 'poisonous' to your body, more that it becomes 'old', Sperm cells have a finite lifespan so if they aren't used and you don't ejaculate in sex or having a wank, then your body gets rid of them as in a wet dream (has anybody ever had one of these?).

No, cos it's not true!

If you don't wank your body simply breaks down the protein from the sperm etc and your body will reuse it in other ways. Your body is smart and nothing with value goes to waste.
  • Options
    wet dreams are soooooo embaressing.
  • Options
    Actually, there is a grain of truth about masturbating and penis size. But it's in regard to keeping your penis size. Yes, if you don't do it, you suffer shrinkage!!! :eek:
    Well, when I say shrinkage, I mean the skin. When transexuals go for the op, even though they're about to have their penis removed, they have to "excercise" it through masturbation. Why? Because they have to keep the skin stretched so as much as possible can be used in creating a vagina. So if you don't masturbate, or get regular erections, then the skin will shrink, and your penis will actually be ever so slightly smaller.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    wet dreams are soooooo embaressing.

Not really :)

They are often accompanied by VERY erotic dreams ;)
  • Options
    omg, one more reason to masturbate :D
  • Options
    Surely the only real reason you need is enjoyment.
  • Options
    yer but having more than onre reason to do, makes it even better

mum: omg son your masturbating

me: no mother im protecting myslef from cancer

mum: oh really...... i`ll do the same

me: NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Options
    yer but having more than onre reason to do, makes it even better

mum: omg son your masturbating

me: no mother im protecting myslef from cancer

mum: oh really...... i`ll do the same

me: NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilson-Youth
    Im not saying it will have a dramatic affect on the size of your penis, or even a particularly noticeable one.

And all im saying is echoeing something i read a while ago, and i think it sounds plausible at least.

Like all excercise, blood rushes to the area, and as it gets used to holding more blood, it makes it bigger.

Im guessing with penis size its pretty difficult to prove, as the most noticeable growth (virtually all growth) takes place during puberty, the person in question either masturbates or doesn't, which ever path he takes he can't know what effect the other way would of had on the size of his penis.

Ive never masterbated and ive a tiny penis!:(

Oh no wait, Im a chronic masterbater thats..... :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Ive never masterbated and ive a tiny penis!:(

Yeah.... :rolleyes:
    :p
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Oh no wait, Im a chronic masterbater thats..... :p [/B]

That sounds more like it... :naughty:
  • Options
    I don't know about increasing size, but I've read in various sources that regular masturbation (especially if you really go at it hard) will make you last a lot longer during sex. It makes you enjoy it less though, basically desemsitising your penis because your pressing hard with your hand/fingers means that the vagina doesnt have that much effect.

And wanking a few hours before sex definately makes you last longer.

I guess it all depends on how much pleasure you want to give the girl in relation to how much pleasure you want from sex!