Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New Girl on the Scene

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I had a bad break with my ex 6months ago which saw me go into deep depression.

Now I have pulled myself together, got a great job, earning good money and now, I have met a girl who I think is too good to be true.

She is attractive and has the nicest personality ever. We met through my mates girlfriend about a year ago but never saw her again till a few weeks ago when a group of us went to the pub.

The thing is she makes me feel good, she respects me, listens and most of all she is fun.

I want to ask her out but my bubble was burst last night when a supposidly good friend put his nose in where it wasn't wanted.

Now he tells me that she only wants to be mates but I was told why would she tell him that and not me?!?!

I just wanted to take things at my own pace and do things my way because of what has happend in the past. Don't get me wrong, if mates what she does want then fair enough I'm not going to argue with that but she just gives me that feeling where your heart races.

I haven't had that feeling for such a long time. She just seems to good to be true.

Sorry about the long post, just don't know what I should do?

Persue her or not??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, i'd say at this moment in time, you're in this by yourself, but i would say that you should persue this opportunity and maybe get her on her own for a drink sometime? just see how it goe's when you're on your own with this girl?
    Sorry not a very detailed reply, im a bit tired, had hectic night
    Hope this gives a little help :p
    Jez
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot
    Ok,
    Here we go a detailed reply following on from my last reply..
    Obviously life is great at the moment for you? you are enjoying it to the fullest but want to enjoy it with someone? ( I know how u feel as 6 months after going into DEEP DEPRESSION i got myself together and got myself a new girlfriend :) )
    There's someday's you are able to live without someone there by your side, but other's when you just want to cry on someone shoulder but no-one is there for you.
    This is where this girl comes in, you seem to get on well with her, and things are going great, maybe your ' Friend ' is trying to get her for himself and trying to lead you astray by making rumours about what she has said? No doubt it is the total opposite of what she has said and she is interested in you the same way you are interested in her!
    I haven't had that feeling for such a long time. She just seems to good to be true.
    Exactly the feeling i had before i got a new girl!, i was so into her ( no puns intended ), she had basically make me feel like i was wanted, that i could be comfortable around her, all the small things that in the end make a big difference to not only the way you act around someone but the way in which you decide to take things e.g slowly, Fastly!
    You may have to make a few sacrafices in order to persue this girl! E.g Work may become less of a commitment
    But as i said before you should go after this girl, ask her to go for a drink etc but don't act in a way which you are desperate, just try to find out more about her and then after a few times of seeing her on her own..you should of made your mind up about her...I know i did and that answer was yes for me :)
    Hope this more Indepth reply helps
    Jez
    Thanks, nice to know someone has experienced the same sort of thing.

Cheers,
    Matt