Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pop punk/rock

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by turlough

you are a typical teenager who listens to typical music who wears typical clothes, you see a 6ft tall long haired person, black clothes with a cradle of filth top on walkin past you, what wuld your reaction be

My reaction would be 'What a fanny'.

I listen to all types of music (and I really do mean all) on a regular with the exception of pop. Where's it written that you have to dress like a muppet to enjoy a certain style of music? Or that you have to be able to play guitar to enjoy rock music?

I've got the impression from your posts in here and in the Drugs forum that you like dance music - can you opperate decks and a mixer, or any PC DJ software? If you can't, then by your logic you can't properly enjoy dance music.

I mean I can't exactly conduct a 300 piece orchestra, but I can sure as fuck appreciate a good piece of classical music when I hear it.

Oh and for the record, CoF fucking suck. Any real rock music fan could tell you that :yeees: Bit ironic, huh?

Why do you need to advertise band's on your clothing anyway? Are they really that bad they can't advertise for themselves? Or perhaps you're such a music snob that you need everyone to know what really fucking cool bands you listen to? Besides, surely if bands have resorted to releasing shitty merchandise they've 'sold out'?

Guess you'll need to move on to the next underground band 'til they make it big, eh?
  • Options
    the guitar argument wasn't anything about enjoying rock music, anyone can enjoy it, yes i do enjoy dance but the decks are one of the most complex instruments out there, my argument was that the guitar is relatively easy, in saying a CoF top, i didn't mean that particualar band because i also think they are shit, i meant alternative people on a whole and CoF is a good example.
    the idea i was getting across was just because someone wears a CoF top doesn't mean they are a fanny, they could be just as sound as a your average trendie, i.e don't judge a book by its cover
  • Options

i think you knew rightly what i meant wen i said "unless you have no arms," this wud cover all disabilities concerning your hands,
    see now i saw 'having no arms' as meaning 'having no arms' funny that.

as for the definition of playing the guitar, i wud define it as knowing how to put together a few chords quickly and making up a tune of your own, that would mean you have a grasp of what the guitar is, just because you couldn't make up a whole song with verse and chorus backing and solo doesn't mean you don't know how to play it.
    umm she already explained that she agreed with me that she meant being able to play it well.
    also this arguement sucks, cos i know a tonne of peopel who think they can play guitar or any other instrument just because they can make a sound from it and that is nowhere near being able to play it.

i think you should quit while you're behind.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    umm she already explained that she agreed with me that she meant being able to play it well.
    also this arguement sucks, cos i know a tonne of peopel who think they can play guitar or any other instrument just because they can make a sound from it and that is nowhere near being able to play it.

Yeah it's easy to get a nice sound out of the guitar, which is what makes it such a great instrument. But that doesn't mean that just anyone can become a guitarist, in my opinion. It takes more skill than that.

Personally, I have tried playing the guitar, but I prefer being a singer and leaving the guitar playing to others. I don't see what's wrong with that. I also don't see why turlough thinks that everyone should try to make their own music. You might really enjoy doing that, and that's great, but what's wrong with other people just enjoying listening to it?
  • Options
    i agree, i've played trumpet for 7 years and in various orchestras/jazz/funk bands and the only songs ive ever written are for gcse music
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

Why do you need to advertise band's on your clothing anyway? Are they really that bad they can't advertise for themselves? Or perhaps you're such a music snob that you need everyone to know what really fucking cool bands you listen to? Besides, surely if bands have resorted to releasing shitty merchandise they've 'sold out'?

Guess you'll need to move on to the next underground band 'til they make it big, eh?

CoF, suckage to the max. But, new argument, why do I wear band shirts. Well, because when I go see a band, if I thought they played well and if I like a t-shirt design I'll buy their t-shirt to support them. All in all I have a tonne of band t-shirts from gigs, I mostly just wear them because they're cheap, they look good and fit nice. Right now I'm wearing a Brand New t-shirt. I dunno if you're imagining the stereotypical band t-shirts, with System Of A Down's album art on the front that you buy from the 'goth' stall at the market, because in that case, they're expensive, badly made and just generally don't look good.
  • Options
    as for the definition of playing the guitar, i wud define it as knowing how to put together a few chords quickly and making up a tune of your own, that would mean you have a grasp of what the guitar is[/B]

I thought you said anyone could play the guitar? Because if that is your definition of playing a guitar, then you are very clearly wrong. How do I know? Because I couldn't do that. If I could then I wouldn't have started arguing with you in the first place. I am and never have been any good at making up tunes of my own, and I would probably be even worse at trying to put a few chords together quickly. I just don't have the ability, I am in no way musical. You're fighting a losing battle here dude, I'd give up while you still have a little of your dignity left!
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    see now i saw 'having no arms' as meaning 'having no arms' funny that.

umm, well its very hard to use your hands if you have no arms, funny that,
  • Options
    well. umm. yes.
    thats why i didnot see 'no arms' as meaning, prehaps you got a messed up hand, or finger, but hey, ya still got arms.
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by O_o
    cuz your opinion is worthless.
    Pretty dumb comment. Everyones entitled to their own opinion. Just coz you dont agree it doesnt mean his opinions worthless
  • Options
    if you'd have read the whole thread, you will have noticed id already apologised for that. so stop trying to bring up old shit and make everyone get angry again.

btw - damn you, i wanted the 100th post.
  • Options
    Originally posted by O_o
    if you'd have read the whole thread, you will have noticed id already apologised for that. so stop trying to bring up old shit and make everyone get angry again.
    I wasnt trying to bring up old shit, I just thought you made an unfair comment. Admittedly, i didnt read through 7 pages, so yah...sorry?

Cheeeeeeell Wins-taaan