Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

terrorism can work ...

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Globe
    Just like the terrorists in support of North Vietnam were "beaten" by the negotiations at the tables in Paris, right?

Terrorists are only "beaten" by termination.

And as to "reading"?

Have spent more time in the doing of events which were recorded through the prejudices and agendas of those removed from the moment, who in their supposition, deigned and ordeigned themselves the self-proclaimed guardians of delusions, your "historians".

I believe what I have lived, and witnessed. You? On the other hand? Would prefer the propaganda force-fed by your handlers...

But you didn't BEAT the North Vietnamese army. Yes, you killed a lot of them, but then you pulled out and left the South Vietnam army to be overrun.
    If that's what you call winning I'd hate to see what you call losing. I guess we won't have to though, it's happening all over again in Iraq, and you're dragging us down with you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    But you didn't BEAT the North Vietnamese army. Yes, you killed a lot of them, but then you pulled out and left the South Vietnam army to be overrun.
    If that's what you call winning I'd hate to see what you call losing. I guess we won't have to though, it's happening all over again in Iraq, and you're dragging us down with you.

Weren't you extremely for the Iraq war?

Either way, as far as I have understood the US didn't leave Southvietnam for it to be overrun by the Northvietnamese as you state.
    If I am not mistaking the whole christmas bombing event, was a result of the US not wanting to leave and see exactly that scenario take place. Therefore it was established in the final agreemeant that international peace forces should come to observe (did they ever get there?).