Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

alcohol or pills??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do you think is like more dangerous - alcohol or ecstasy ?

Ecstasy is an A class drug yeah but doesnt actually have that many bad affects does it ?

I mean if I had to chose whether to take ectasy on a nite out or get fucked from binge drinking, end up sleeping on your neighbors doorstep and have a banging headache for 2days I think I would rather get pilled up on E.

So howcome everyone says pills are so bad ? I mean half of my m8s dont even know I take them bcoz they wud be so disappointed.

What do you lot think - Is ecstasy more dangerous than alcohol ?

Comments

• Options
    I like both.
  • Options
    trink07.gif
  • Options
    No wonder you wasn't talking sence in your other posts, you were proberly stoned you little junkie.
  • Options
    Re: alcohol or pills??
    Originally posted by AnonymousLaydee

What do you lot think - Is ecstasy more dangerous than alcohol ?

Simply put: no :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Damocles
    No wonder you wasn't talking sence in your other posts, you were proberly stoned you little junkie.

wanker
  • Options
    I can't honestly say because I have never tried E, but I have had many, many experiences with alcohol and it's a hell of a bad thing, for me anyways, for the next day, with the fucking hangovers and shit because I get like major headaches, as a sign of a hangover, after a night of drinking.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    wanker

Blagsta, do you think you could find a more intellegent and slightly less offensive way of saying that???

BTW, was he serious :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Blagsta, do you think you could find a more intellegent and slightly less offensive way of saying that???

BTW, was he serious :eek2:

Sorry, I was pissed. But being called a stoned little junkie is also fairly moronic and offensive.
  • Options
    Sorry, I was pissed. But being called a stoned little junkie is also fairly moronic and offensive.

I have to agree with you there, but if you expect people to be tolerant of your drug experiences then you should try and educate them, not insult them!

BTW Mr Roll, your smiley is quite spectacular!
  • Options
    I have to agree with you there, but if you expect people to be tolerant of your drug experiences then you should try and educate them, not insult them!

Rubbish. I don't have to justify what I do to anyone.
  • Options
    Rubbish. I don't have to justify what I do to anyone.

I'm not asking you to justify it, I was suggesting a different approach. Let me put it another way. If you don't have anything constructive to say then shut it.
  • Options
    Why am I getting grief and Damocles isn't? :confused:
  • Options
    Hmm... i think that alcohol is much more dangerous than commonly thought, i also think that pills taken as sensibly as they can be taken are a lot less dangerous than commonly thought.

Alcohol, id say is dangerous in a different way to pills, yes you can die of alcohol poisoning after a one night booze binge, just as you can die from an exstacy overdose after a one night binge but the severe effects from alcohol, mostly occur after a while of drinking.

Sooo.... id say pills are more dangerous, when not taken with consideration.
  • Options
    Let me put it another way. If you don't have anything constructive to say then shut it.

Woah hold on there - you're hardly being fair.

Damocles was the one that started the insults, not Blagsta. You can't possibly expect him to just sit there and take it, can you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Woah hold on there - you're hardly being fair.

Damocles was the one that started the insults, not Blagsta. You can't possibly expect him to just sit there and take it, can you?
    and is alcohol worse? well blagsta is a sound guy on here ...when he's not pissed though.

and lady jade you can come round and see my smilie anytime you like ...when the wifes not in of course.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    and is alcohol worse?

I already said yeah :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    and lady jade you can come round and see my smilie anytime you like ...when the wifes not in of course.

Dear, dear God. :eek2:

And I'd say that it's not a black and white answer. There's a few aspects to look at really.

Not that much is known about the long term effects of ecstasy use, however people know that alcohol can cause liver problems and a number of diseases.

The fact that alcohol is legal in a sense makes it more dangerous statistically because it's use is a lot more widespread and obviously the availability is very high, yet the fact ecstasy is illegal makes it more dangerous because more than likely you won't know the source and will be unsure of purity. Testing kits help with this but unless you're willing to splash out for expensive testing kits they'll only indicate a certain set of chemicals present, rather than giving exact mg doses, and do not show up unknown chemicals.

I'd say after a heavy night out on ecstasy, I feel worse in the morning than I do if I'd had a heavy night out drinking, not by much though. And obviously heavy ecstasy use leaves seriously depleted serotonin banks, which will take a period of time to fully replenish, and could possibly cause problems in later life.

It's debatable, nobodys going to be able to go 'alcohol is definitely safer' or 'ecstasy is definitely safer', 'cos there isn't a clear cut answer.

In conclusion, take whatever the fuck you want and enjoy it! :p
  • Options
    I would say both drugs are dangerous to a certain extent, depends how both drugs and used and misused.
    The long term effects of ecstacy are unknown as of yet, alcohol on the other hand kills thousands a year.

Take whatever drug floats your boat, both are great :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Take whatever drug floats your boat, both are great :)

You finally got around to it then? Knew you'd enjoy it. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    You finally got around to it then? Knew you'd enjoy it. :p

yea, was good but i think i might have dulled the full effects a bit as i was drunk,but next time i'll not be as drunk.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    i think i might have dulled the full effects .
    you should be done under the missuse of drugs act!
  • Options
    I wouldnt rush to say that one was more or less harmful than the other.

MDMA can be very useful and enjoyable, but the long-term effects are really next to unknown. Especialy in the way some people use it. Just because you dont like the way some people use alcohol doesnt have 'pills' any safer. You dont know!

However I would aggree that alcohol misuse is a real problem within the UK and does cause a lot of harm.

But as I always say, its not the drugs fault as such, its just a chemical.

Most drugs arent that dangerous when used properly, so I would say some users are more dangerous than others.