Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Aladdin's edification...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since Aladdin seems to thrive upon the image of a rifle being carried behind the seat of my pickup truck, I thought a little background might be useful in understanding the nature of the place where I live...

http://www.oregonlive.com/metro/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1069333185270331.xml

This is an article from The Oregonian, the largest circulation local newspaper for the area in which I live.

The mosque where the "Portland Seven" congregated, and based themselves? Is approximately one mile from where I work.

In the aftermath of 11 Sept '01, it came out that a local credit union was channeling funds to al Qaeda...

and...

When the photos of "the 19" 11 September terrorists made the front page of The Oregonian? One face jumped out at me, from the newspaper: Mohammed Atta. You recognize the name? The acclaimed orchestrator of the WTC attack had been in my shop, between one and two years prior to the WTC attack.

It goes MUCH deeper, but in the interest of brevity, let us simply observe that Vera Katz - the mayor of Portland, and a proud Vietnam anti-war protester - has created with her far left "principles" a haven for terrorists and outlaws.

There is a difference between "living in fear", and preparing for the coming of an inevitible moment. There is no "fear" which motivates me, but rather an awareness of the world around me. And when one of those "jihad-ists" decides to bring his hope to fruition? If it is around me? He will contend with one highly prepared, focused and motivated Marine.

And further, within that edification? Although I own a half-dozen AK'47's, and carry one frequently, in my pickup? My rifle of choice is one of my FAL's, and I am sufficiently accurate with that rifle to deliver a head shot at over 400 meters, a skill level which exceeds the most of the police "snipers" (who almost always engage at less than 100 meters).

I know that you will distort the reality - to meet your own nefarious agenda - and regale me with tales of how "Islam is a religion of peace" and The Jews in Oregon deserve to die for what is happening to the Muslim's in "Palestine" (cannot find Palestine on my maps, but no matter...), however... It remains an immutable truth that MEN are responsible for their own destiny, and PARASITIC CHATELS entrust their fate to others.

And there will be all the usual rhetoric concerning me being a "gun-crazed cowboy", and on and on ad nauseum, but... IF I were such a "cowboy", one would think that in three decades of living this definitive alpha-male life since leaving the Marine Corps, I would have had one of those "cowboy moments", and be imprisoned for my transgressions... The concept of DISCIPLINE is paramount, in the equation.

Which would lead one to question whether it is the concept of discipline which is incomprehensible to you, or that of simply being a man???

Comments

• Options
    Re: Aladdin's edification...
    Originally posted by Globe
    [ and The Jews in Oregon deserve to die for what is happening to the Muslim's in "Palestine" (cannot find Palestine on my maps, but no matter...), [/B]

I can see how much you dislike streotyping from these comments.......:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Just anticipating the usual form of a long string of posts, by Aladdin. HIS stereotyping, not mine...
  • Options
    Call you a cowboy,nay, but I will say this 'Get off your high horse'
    Do you think your the only one whoever came close to terrorism?

Go tell it to the people of Birmingham, Manchester, Guildford, London, Warrington, the six counties of Northern Ireland and every other British city, town or village who suffered bombings, shootings, riots, the death/wounding of loved ones and even the stress of walking down Oxford Street during the numerous Christmas alerts we had for over thirty years.

I had IRA terrorists arrested 15 minutes from my home in the 80s, mates who came back from tours of duty in Belfast traumatized and even a sister who was woken up by her local train station being bombed in London.

Do I hate Irish people or Catholics? do I think Catholicism or Christianity is a religion that threatens peace? No like most of my countrymen, I am able to see the difference between a terrorist and those who share his background but not beliefs.

Another thing you talk about fundraisers for Al-Qaida, what about 'Noraid'? (read the link, anyone who just gone huh?). I also remember the convicted IRA man who became a cause celebre in the States as he fought extradition from the U.S after escaping from prison here. I wonder how much money that one raised 'for the cause' in the bars of New York,Philly and Boston. Special relationship, don't make me laugh!

No mate, you keep your guns and sniper wet dreams over there, I am happy to do without, despite living in a city with numerous Muslims and Catholics, I have no problems with either.

Which leads one to ask the question, whether it is the concept of tolerance which is incomprehensible to you or that of simply being a human?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/inac/noraid.html

http://www.victims.org.uk/america.html

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/ira/inside/weapons.html
  • Options
    What Black Arab said, I was going to post all that but he beat me to it ;)
  • Options
    Seems that some have missed the point completely.....sad, truly sad.
    And on another note, greetings from across the pond.
  • Options
    Hi yaz Paratrooper!

Now, feel free...
    Speak up! :)

This isn't mil.com ;)
  • Options
    9/11? Get over it.
  • Options
    Re: Aladdin's edification...

(cannot find Palestine on my maps, but no matter...),

LMFAO! i'm sure it was that scumbag alladin who told me the yanks didn't understand irony! i'll never believe another fucking word he says on here ...
  • Options
    Which would lead one to question whether it is the concept of discipline which is incomprehensible to you, or that of simply being a man???{/b]

Ok, so you're saying that because somebody has differing opinions to you they're not a real man? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Aladdin's edification...
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    LMFAO! i'm sure it was that scumbag alladin who told me the yanks didn't understand irony! i'll never believe another fucking word he says on here ...

Over here? We generally refer to such as sarcasm, but - regardless - it pleases me that you found the humor, there... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    9/11? Get over it.

Kind of insensitive don't you think?

Maybe it's easy for you to forget but for the people inside the WTC that lived or the people that witnessed the attacks would find it a little hard to forget. Don't you think?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Kind of insensitive don't you think?

Maybe it's easy for you to forget but for the people inside the WTC that lived or the people that witnessed the attacks would find it a little hard to forget. Don't you think?

I do not get "wound up" over the mindless inanities of such as that which opened its sewer and spewed forth, I just consider the source...

It does not matter what the sewer spewer thinks, or says.

What is coming? Is coming...
  • Options
    Seeing as the US has been guilty of killing far more people since 9/11 in military conflicts than actually died in the WTC, then yes, I do think they should get over it.
  • Options
    Do not comprehend the concept of "jihad", do you?

It is not over, until the winner says it is over.

And it ain't over, yet.
  • Options
    Jihad simply means "struggle" in Islam. That does not imply violence, far from it in fact.

So it is you that is lacking in comprehension.
  • Options
    Jihad simply means "struggle" in Islam. That does not imply violence, far from it in fact.

So it is you that is lacking in comprehension.

Jihad can be used in different contexts. And I really doubt that Jihad merely means struggle in Arabic.
    Jihad today is by muslim leaders all over used as a word against western society.

But know what? I'll ask when my mom is finished on the phone.
  • Options
    Its what Muslim friends of mine tell me.
  • Options

I was taught that it means fight to achieve a goal. Therefore it can be used in both positive and negative situations.
    So people can start a Jihad against the western world, to achieve it's fall and the rise of the sharia law here as well. Or for example start a Jihad to achieve better rights for muslim women within the communities.
  • Options
    Thats pretty much what I said - struggle. I was merely pointing out that it doesn't mean "holy war", which is how it is commonly reported in Western media, and the meaning that Globe thinks it has by the looks of it.
    And Islam is peaceful at core. To think that all Muslim's want the fall of the west is as daft as thinking that all Catholics support the IRA.
  • Options

Do your "Muslim friends" also tell you that they are taught to lie to "non-believers"?

You expose your gullibility... :rolleyes:

Not to mention your ignorance.
  • Options
    Thats pretty much what I said - struggle. I was merely pointing out that it doesn't mean "holy war", which is how it is commonly reported in Western media, and the meaning that Globe thinks it has by the looks of it.

In this context it does mean holy war as that is what they make it out to be!

But, as said I will ask someone who has a better grasp than me of things concerning the arabic language.
  • Options
    Do your "Muslim friends" also tell you that they are taught to lie to "non-believers"?

You expose your gullibility... :rolleyes:

Errrrrr....what?

You are so wide of the mark that it would be funny if it wasn't so offensive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    In this context it does mean holy war as that is what they make it out to be!

Errrrr...you missed my point. Globe asked me if I had any concept of what Jihad means. I do and have corrected his error.
  • Options
    Errrrr...you missed my point. Globe asked me if I had any concept of what Jihad means. I do and have corrected his error.

He asked you if you understand the concept of Jihad. Even with quotemarks around the word Jihad, making it obvious what kind he was refering to.

Urgh, I don't even know why I am replying to this crap instead of finishing my assignment. Oh well.
  • Options

No error, on my part.

Read the Koran, and remedy your ignorance...
  • Options
    He asked you if you understand the concept of Jihad. Even with quotemarks around the word Jihad, making it obvious what kind he was refering to.

Even tho English is not her primary language, her comprehension is much greater than her prey's... ;)
  • Options
    No error, on my part.

Read the Koran, and remedy your ignorance...

Do you know any Muslims? And even if it does say that in the Koran, so what? Do you follow everything the Bible says?
  • Options
    My mom: Jihad ze milchemet Mitzva :p

Meaning Jihad is a fight which is counted on a good deed. That means that when Muslim leaders tell their people to start a Jihad against western society, the people are expected to join this and are condoned flying planes into the WTC.

It's a higher form of fight/war in the muslim mind, when the word Jihad gets involved.
  • Options

And I told him that I do and that his concept is wrong.

Whats your point?
  • Options
    Do you know any Muslims? And even if it does say that in the Koran, so what? Do you follow everything the Bible says?

Has he claimed to? Has he brought his christianity into this?
    He isn't the one commiting suicide and taking civilians with him into death while praying to God!