Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bomb attacks on the British consulate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3222608.stm

How long before we get bombs going off in London like we used to with the IRA?

Comments

• Options
    It wasn't just London bombed you know.
  • Options
    OK, change his point slightly.
    How long before we start getting bomb attacks in England like with the IRA?

Fucking terrorists, they are cowardly scum. The irony is they hurt more innocent, Turkish MUSLIM civilians than they did British "Imperialist dogs".

I hope the Turkish military find who did it and execute the bastards in public.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Fucking terrorists, they are cowardly scum. The irony is they hurt more innocent, Turkish MUSLIM civilians than they did British "Imperialist dogs".

I hope the Turkish military find who did it and execute the bastards in public.

I agree entirely. Though I would be careful if I was you, this board is infested with the lefty liberal hand wringing types. Their solution would be to invite them round for a cup of tea and discuss their 'problems'.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    OK, change his point slightly.
    How long before we start getting bomb attacks in England like with the IRA?
    Why should they, when they can keep hitting 'British interests' with the minimum of risk, indefinitely?
  • Options
    Pah, the IRA are scum as well. Putting them in prison was too good for them, letting them out and allowing them to become politicians was a crime.
    I hope the Irish terrorists are executed in public to teach them a lesson.
    The muslim terrorists would like that so they should be left to rot in a stinking cell somewhere.
  • Options
    Pah, the IRA are scum as well. Putting them in prison was too good for them, letting them out and allowing them to become politicians was a crime.
    I take it that by 'politicians', you don't mean MPs? That would be a little difficult for anybody who'd been in prison. Hard to legislate against anyone becoming a politician, though...
  • Options
    Terrorism happens everywhere and one problem that goes along with it that the terrorists don't realise is the stigma they're putting on their people. I don't think it will do much good for Muslims living in multi-cultural societies because people may associate them with terrorism in the future, thus causing racism problems... just a theory based on experiments such as Little Albert (info given if wanted).

But yes they are cowards and are going about getting what they want in completely the wrong way. People won't respect their cause or them for doing it.. thus they're buggered.
  • Options
    I hope the Irish terrorists are executed in public to teach them a lesson.
    The muslim terrorists would like that so they should be left to rot in a stinking cell somewhere.

:mad: :mad: :mad: shut the fuck up you stupid little prick, have u any idea why ppl joined the IRA in the first place, u imagine living in a one bedroom house with no toliet and an average of 8 in your family, job discrimination, segragated schools and estates, you have no idea do you, i hate ppl like you who have never experienced any of these but read some thing in the paper or heard something from ur parents about the IRA and come on here and think u know all, u silly person :mad:
  • Options
    How about you come over and live in England with the threat that your city centre might be next you idiot and you'd shutup.

The "Irish republican army" are no army, they are terrorist cowards.
    Yes, they wanted independance from the UK, but they went about the WRONG way. They ignored the wishes of the majority of people and tried to get independance by force, killing innocent people in both countries.
    Hence, they are scum. Nobody here gives a toss about what sort of upbringing they may have had, not when this is what they do:

omagh.jpg

story.omagh.jpg

and how they are linked with terrorists who do this:
    wtcpage4.jpg
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by turlough
    :mad: :mad: :mad: shut the fuck up you stupid little prick,

:eek2:

Turlough, you are undermining your whole argument by being personally abusive. Expressing WHY you are angry, not just that you ARE angry, makes for a much more powerful argument.

Besides, you know we don't allow personal abuse on the boards.
  • Options
    Originally posted by godscop
    I agree entirely. Though I would be careful if I was you, this board is infested with the lefty liberal hand wringing types. Their solution would be to invite them round for a cup of tea and discuss their 'problems'.

I assume that you would agree that a policy is only worth pursuing if it brings success?

It would appear that the war on terrorism has had very little success so far, maybe try something else? Understand why people choose to bomb us? Maybe turloughs sentiments are closer to the truth of the matter.............
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    It would appear that the war on terrorism has had very little success so far, maybe try something else? Understand why people choose to bomb us? Maybe turloughs sentiments are closer to the truth of the matter.............

Depends on what those reasons are though, doesn't it? And, at the end of the day, if you can defeat them militarily then what does it matter what the reasons were?

NB This is not a concept I agree with BTW.

As for success so far, it took over 5 years to defeat Hitler and over 30 years to find a peaceful "agreement" in Northern Ireland. Why should it only take 2 years to beat Al Qaeda?

What you highlight there is the current culture which expects results tomorrow. When Bush talked about a long process, he was talking about how this could take decades to solve... Personally I agree with his timeframe
  • Options
    How about you come over and live in England with the threat that your city centre might be next you idiot and you'd shutup.

The "Irish republican army" are no army, they are terrorist cowards.
    Yes, they wanted independance from the UK, but they went about the WRONG way. They ignored the wishes of the majority of people and tried to get independance by force, killing innocent people in both countries.
    Hence, they are scum. Nobody here gives a toss about what sort of upbringing they may have had, not when this is what they do:

omagh.jpg

story.omagh.jpg

and how they are linked with terrorists who do this:
    wtcpage4.jpg

ok nowhere, first of all, i live in the middle of the terrorist heartland in Northern ireland, south armagh, i know far more about terrorism than u'll ever know, i've saw more and i will see more, second of all, if you're goin to show propaganda pictures u might as well show one's done by the IRA, the first picture is by the RIRA., a different group altogether, ur a confused person who thinks they are under threat, u have no idea about terrorism at all, if u wanna argue say it to some naive gullable person b'cos i can see through ur shit, i live in a far more dangerous life than u do, so don't gimme ur pitiful crap
  • Options
    I don't care who the RIRA are, they're still terrorists, they still killed innocent people who were wandering around enjoying their afternoon.
    I don't care if they are loyalists or republicans, they are scum.
    And you are misguided for believing the IRA are a force for good.

I accept you are under threat, but surely you must realise that regardless of where your political alliances lie, you could end up underneath a pile of rubble whilst you're in Marks and Sparks.
    99% of the victims of the consulate attack were Muslim. Their attackers were fighting under the banner of Islam.

And why do you think that boasting about where you live makes you anymore of an authority on the subject? As far as we can see you're a supporter of the IRA, you've launched an attack on me because I think any terrorist, including the IRA are utter scum. What does that say about you? Are you admitting to supporting an illegal army that is attempting to undermine established power and willfully and gleefully admits to killing anyone (including children) who might get in their way?

To everyone in England, and to every loyalist (and innocent republican in NI who has lost a loved one) the IRA are scum. To you they are fighting a just cause because some of them might have come from deprived childhoods?

p.s.Good one, changing my name to Nowhere like that, very clever. I think TURDlough suits you better TBH.
  • Options
    Um Turlough, could you not type wierd please? Cheers.

I can't see how anybody who kills innocent people are decent... which is why I hate the whole world. Mwaha!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

What you highlight there is the current culture which expects results tomorrow. When Bush talked about a long process, he was talking about how this could take decades to solve... Personally I agree with his timeframe

If you can solve a whole movie in less than two hours, why should a war take any longer, eh? ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

As for success so far, it took over 5 years to defeat Hitler and over 30 years to find a peaceful "agreement" in Northern Ireland. Why should it only take 2 years to beat Al Qaeda?

Fair enough about the timeframe, back to N.Ireland there I would put emphasis on your use of 'peaceful agreement'........

Is it actually realstic to beleiev that this war can be won at all?

Mayvbe a better comparison than the war on Hitler would be the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?
  • Options
    I don't care who the RIRA are, they're still terrorists, they still killed innocent people who were wandering around enjoying their afternoon.
    I don't care if they are loyalists or republicans, they are scum.
    And you are misguided for believing the IRA are a force for good.

I accept you are under threat, but surely you must realise that regardless of where your political alliances lie, you could end up underneath a pile of rubble whilst you're in Marks and Sparks.
    99% of the victims of the consulate attack were Muslim. Their attackers were fighting under the banner of Islam.

And why do you think that boasting about where you live makes you anymore of an authority on the subject? As far as we can see you're a supporter of the IRA, you've launched an attack on me because I think any terrorist, including the IRA are utter scum. What does that say about you? Are you admitting to supporting an illegal army that is attempting to undermine established power and willfully and gleefully admits to killing anyone (including children) who might get in their way?

To everyone in England, and to every loyalist (and innocent republican in NI who has lost a loved one) the IRA are scum. To you they are fighting a just cause because some of them might have come from deprived childhoods?

p.s.Good one, changing my name to Nowhere like that, very clever. I think TURDlough suits you better TBH.

:lol: i really did think ur name was nowhere, it wasn't a cheeky jibe by me, ok, i take ur point, but y don't u make a post about the number of elderly ppl getting robbed and arms realated crime, which are a far more serious threat than gettin blown up by a bomb by terrorists which quite frankly is a one in a million chance, the IRA are on ceasefire, they beleive in peace, for me to point out that i live in northern ireland and you don't is me saying that there's fuck all chance in you being a victim of terrorism so why are you yapping for, its a tuff situation for me to explain, you just have to live here to understand, you'll never know the truth about the IRA and loyalists because all you've heard was propaganda of some sort, i don't think anyone intentially goes out to kill children, in fact, the reason why the IRA went on ceasefire is because of the death of innocent ppl, just settle it here, as for suppressing Al Qaeda. i wuldn't really care, they are a nothin group, the whole world feared them because 20 or so decided to crash into a few buildings, why worry, all they are are 100-200 arabs running about saudia arabia, who gives a fuck, i'm more concerned about hoispital waiting lists, transport,etc, mayb tony etc culd take the same interests as me
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    : the IRA are on ceasefire, they beleive in peace,

Is it the Official or the Povisonal IRA you're talking about here?

If it's the Provisionals you mean I'd love to know how you can justify their claims of being commited to peace.

They still take the law into their own hands on a regular basis with punishment beatings, have been caught red handed gun running from Florida and have active links with FARC and ETA and have, as yet, failed to fulfil their promise to decommision anything larger than a couple of catapaults!

Now I'll be the first to admit that Loyalism in this country is still rife but quite frankly I'm a lot more scared of what the PIRA are still capable of than the gangsters in the UDA.
  • Options
    i think both you and i know the oficial IRA are defunct in terms of capability, the punishment beatings of the IRA and loyalists remain constant and the only people they beat up are joyriders,drug dealers etc, they still get guns because they want to show that they are still capable, its all a publicity act, the helping out of FARC rebels is nothin to do with northern ireland politics, it's just IRA members helping out their "friends", wen u think about it, the last IRA killing of a security member was 6 years ago just down the road from me, they have killed about 20-30 since then, mainly scumbags, in contrast to loyalists who have killed close to 75 since the good friday agreement, i know the IRA aren't totally on ceasefire but remeber the 70's.80's and early 90;'s wen murders were a daily occurance
  • Options
    Even if they are joyriders, dealers, burglars or whatever, the IRA still don't have the right to inflict their own viligante justice on them. It's undemocratic and undermines the basis of Sinn Fein as their political representatives.

Secondly, why should the IRA have to prove themselves capable of terrorism if they're so dedicated to the peace process? Very little progress can be made if the threat of terrorist resurgence is such a real possibility.
  • Options
    Moving back to the original subject of the thread a bit, I wonder what people here thought of Jack Straw's comments about the bombings having nothing to do with British involvement in the war on Iraq.

Considering that logic seems to indicate that British involvement in the war on Iraq and its very unpleasant close alliance with the illiterate war terrorist monkey and his imperialistic crusades against "evil" had EVERYTHING to do with the bombing of the British consulate and the HSBC, I just can't help wondering how Straw was able to state the opposite just a few hours after the attacks.

Surely not an attempt to deny that the only rewards the UK will get for its highly embarrassing blind support for an unelected, dangerous war criminal are derision, ridicule, hatred and now death?

Yes, in most cases terrorists are murdering scum who should be locked away for life. But police or military action alone will not get rid of the problem- unless one is planning to obliterate a whole people (hey maybe that is the ultimate plan of Emperor Dubya... a world free of Islam and Muslims).

But for as long as the gross hypocrisy, murder, illegal wars and miscarriages of justice carried out by US foreign policy continue to castigate an entire people, religion and culture, terrorists will continue to exist and attack the US and those who foolishly back its murderous ways.