Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help with comedown

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone, I had a mad weekend and I still feel very rough and it's scaring me a bit, as it never usually lasts this long.

I went out with my friend to a club on Sat night and took about 2 pills, then went back to a party and must have done about 6 more - I have never done that many before, I was so stupid. I took my last one at about 1.30pm on Sunday afternoon.

I then stayed up and chilled all day and went to sleep at about 7.30pm for 3 hours or so, then I got back up and we went out clubbing again, I stayed on water. We came back at about 2am and slept till about 7.30am when some folk came round to party. I took a line of coke at around 10am on Monday morning, and that was it. I went to bed at 12pm and slept for 3 hours then got back up and went home. I went to bed at 12am on Monday night, getting up at 8am for work.

All day today I have been getting dizzy spells, and feeling quite down. it hasn't got much better during the course of the day and my appetite isn't very big.

I just hope I haven't fucked anything up, this must sound really naive, but I have been taking pills for around 3 years every so often, the last time was in May, but I have never partied for this long before. is it because I did so much over a longer period of time, that it takes longer for me t get back to normal?

Incedentally, my friend is still partying from Saturday night, and she must have taken about 50 pills since Saturday night, I am a little scared for her too! She called me about an hour ago still off her face!

If anyone has any tips for me on what I can do to handle the come down, I would much appreciate it. i guess I am just a little worried that it has lasted so long!

Cheers!

FF

Comments

• Options
    get some food inside yourself ...soup and bread if you can't face anything else ...or cereal and milk. put your feet up and relax with telly or game. sleep sleep and more sleep. just bum around doing the couch potatoe bit.
    50 sounds a bit of an exageration or just plain dumb! she will have one mighty crash ...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Food and Sleep is the best cure.

The next I usually go down the pub and drink myself into oblivion. Although this is probably the worst thing I can do it brings my apitite back and by around six I'm ready to get my head down.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for anyone who stays awake all weekend and does 50 pills. They are just plain stupid and theres no way of getting around that.

As for dealing with comedowns, I have produced an excellent factsheet type post on this subject a few times, do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.
  • Options
    I thought it was chemically impossible to get any more high after a certain number of pills...the hormone level or something ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by vorni
    I thought it was chemically impossible to get any more high after a certain number of pills...the hormone level or something ?

Yeah once the serotonin stored in your brain has been used, it's gone, and it takes a fair while for it to be fully replenished. So if you take more pillsafter you've used all of your stored serotonin, you won't get any more fucked, it'll just last longer.

This is why you have a big gap before pilling again you'll be rather fucked (also tolerance issue).
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Yeah once the serotonin stored in your brain has been used, it's gone, and it takes a fair while for it to be fully replenished. So if you take more pillsafter you've used all of your stored serotonin, you won't get any more fucked, it'll just last longer.

This is why you have a big gap before pilling again you'll be rather fucked (also tolerance issue).
    what zoma is describing there is the ...anti addictiveness of L.SD but not ecstacy ...i actualy had a very sexual habit mainlining xtc in powder form from the states around the late 70's before pills and clubs and raves ...it can be highly ...obsessional maybe
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    what zoma is describing there is the ...anti addictiveness of L.SD but not ecstacy ...i actualy had a very sexual habit mainlining xtc in powder form from the states around the late 70's before pills and clubs and raves ...it can be highly ...obsessional maybe

That's it, injecting any chemical within itself is an addictive process, regardless of the chemical, much like some who snort cocaine or speed will often consider snorting sugar or such just for the placebo. Regardless, ecstasy does eat away at stored serotonin supplies, but these don't take that long to partly replenish (one week later and you can't get just about as fucked) - not sure how long to completely replenish the levels though.

And doesn't LSD worked with dopamine not serotonin?
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma

And doesn't LSD worked with dopamine not serotonin?
    can't remember ...did i ever know?
    what your describing zoma ...would in the past have maybe been described as ritual! have we largely forgooten ritual but ritual is still afgecting our lives ...effecting! ...maybe ritual is a built in human drive.
  • Options
    Pills become less effective in terms of the 'high' but they wont stop having an effect unless taken almost daily, at which point they become a mild stimulant and nothing more.

However if you took them all weekend near the end you would still get some effect, but it would be the dopamine effect from pills, making you feel just fucked and nothing else. Your vision would go along with your balance, speach etc. This is especialy dangerous because it is the left over oxodised dopamine that is thought to cause to neuro-damage in the brain. The longer the high the worse this is.

As for LSD, well no one is really sure how it works, it activates the seritonin receptor, but only slightly and not for long enough to explain the action. It also as a side effect triggers the 'fight or flight' response causing the lack of sleep and dilated pupils.