Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

mood swings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am getting really bad mood swings atm and I was wondering do you think it could be related to my pill? I have been on it for about a year now and it's only just really got this bad in the past couple of months.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It could be related to your pill, but it's more likely that if it is, you would have noticed them starting earlier. As you've been on this pill for a year and presumably not noticed these side effects before, it may well be something else. Have you had any major changes or stresses in your life recently? Have you had any periods of illness or been taking other medication? Or are you worried or down about any areas of your life? These are all aspects that can affect our moods, as well as changes ins eason, diet, sleep patterns etc. I suggest that you visit your GP and talk it through with them - they are in a better position to assess you individual situation and help you accordingly.

Alternatively, call NHS Direct:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

Good luck :)