Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Munchies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Iv been toking for a number of months now and at the start it was great,listening to music was good and playing computer games, not to mention the munchies but now its all changed,the only thing thats interesting is watching TV,anything you watch has a meaning and and is always Intriguing.I would only smoke once a week to keep my tolerence level down and still dont get the munchies anymore,just bouts of paranoia.
Do any seasoned puffers here (m roll) still get the munchies or "is the magic over?" haha, I got that from tidycrashs post.

Comments

• Options
    i still get the munchies! i still thoroughly enjoy my smoke after all these years ...if i didn't i wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    I don't really get the urge to go and eat everything anymore, i can do without food, i don't feel hungury but if i'm in the shop i'll buy something to eat, in my opinion now munchies don't matter with smoking now.

I still enjoy a munch if i'm really stoned though.
  • Options
    Well I haven't smoked for that long, about 3 years now and I still get the munchies! I love getting stoned hence the name! :yes:

:D
  • Options
    on friday and saturday i never get a munchie attack, prob because of the other drugs reducing appetite but on a typical weekday munchies are a necessity after tokin
  • Options
    I always get the provisions in before a ses because I can't be arsed to go out once stoned.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    I bought 6 of those 15p bags of crisips, a snickers and big sausage roll to kill my munchies yesterday! (that was only 2 hours after a massive fry up and then 2 sweet waffles for brekkie)

turns me into such a pig! Ive been smoking for a good few years and the munchies are the only things that have remained the same, lost them for a while but they came back with avengence!
  • Options
    Don't you find though, that you don't put on weight when your on the weed?
  • Options
    I usually smoke after I eat that way I don't screw up my buzz by munching. Have been smoking a few years, I still get munchies sometimes. :eek2:
  • Options
    I went to Amsterdam in August...got throughly wasted during the 4 days I was there and discovered that there are cake shops, chip shops, curry houses, mini marts etc all open until 3am in the morning. I was walking through the side streets munching on a strawberry trifle at 3am on a wednesday morning on the way back to my hotel. Heaven...if you ask me, but I managed to put on 3 and a half pounds in four days. Whoops.:rolleyes:

PS. If anyone is off to Amsterdam who likes their munchies I thoroughly recommend the Pancake Bakery just down from the Anne Frank museum *dribbles at memory of warm cherry and icecream pancake*
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl
    Don't you find though, that you don't put on weight when your on the weed?

Thats what a lot of people say but its not like that for me, i find class As keep my weight down, quite shocking the amount of weight i lost when i was heavily involved. now ive cut down, im smoking more and therefore eating more -put on half a stone recently.

i blame the munchies!
  • Options
    My munches went for a while, but I generally had problem when it came to eating!

These days though they're back with a vengance!

Lately I only have to have half a spliff and I start getting peckish..

I've sat there and eaten cheese and chips, 4 hash browns, 3 weetabix and a pack of crisps the other night, BLOATER !!

I don't know about not putting weight on when on weed because like whoever said it above, the Class A's keep my weight right down..

I'm 10 stone now, well bouncing between 9'12 and 10'4 .. quite gutted considering I'm 5'10 and spent about 6 months this year on the weights getting up to nearly 11 stone :(

I've cut back lately though, had a weekend off and a few weeks with just one E to keep me going.. had a good blow out this weekend so hopefully chill out again ready for my Christmas binge !!
  • Options
    The nocitine in tabacco speeds up your body matabilism so you burn off food faster. thats why people who stop smoking gain weight.....

Bopz