Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So much for my enjoyable week at "home"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I went away for a visit to my parents for a week or so (went a week last Tuesday). Some of you (doubtful) :confused: might have noticed my relative absence. :)

Anyway. It started well, but ended up really sucking. :( I know it's a lot to read, but you' really get an idea of how peeved I was at what should've been a great time.
Got there, had a chat with my parents. Got a reasonably good nights sleep.

Next day saw some friends, and we went to The Rocky Horror Show. Had an amazing time! It's true when they say it just gets better each time (so much so that I want to go again as soon as possible). I was having a laugh, and flirting away all night (it's easier when you have a costume to hide behind), managed to get a few kisses and touched up a couple of times. The only mistake I made was not asking an absolute 10 babe for her number after flirting away for a few minutes with her (still got a kiss though). :)

Next day I helped a friend (who had been to RHPS with me the night before) with setting up and packing up a sound system in a club/bar for a live band. That was good. And we went to the club upstairs afterwards too for a little while, and I even managed to keep a chat up going for more than a minute (believe me, that's almost a record for me). I think that was due to the confidence, and sort of high, I was on from the previous night of RHPS. Unfortunately, my mate had to work the next day, so we had to call it an early night.

Friday, thought about going out, but had agreed to help my mate out with doing another sound system for a load of rock bands on the Saturday.

Saturday was reasonable though. Everything went smoothly. Two of the bands were excellent, the others - well, they just made a load of noise.
And this was where things started to go wrong. Some git nearly walked off with my jacket when we were packing up, but I spotted him in time, and got it back.
Then we found that another friend (who was helping too) had his jacket stolen - along with his new £250 quids worth of mobile phone in a pocket. And my mate found that his pullover had also been swiped. :(

Sunday was spent with my parents.
Monday I did a bit of shopping, but felt tired, and my back was aching. I put that down to lugging all that sound equipement about, and late nights. However....

Tuesday. Woke up in the middle of the night. Felt frozen, yet was sweating like a pig. Had a hammering headache, felt queezy, every joint ached, and I also had a dry sore throat. Awwwww crap! I'd caught Flu! As it takes about 2-3 days for it to show after catching it, that means I caught that on Saturday! Saturday looks like it was a bad day for us all then. :(

So, the rest of the week has been spent laid up in bed, feeling awful. :crying: No chance of seeing any more friends (they wouldn't want to catch my flu for a start). Missed a chance to go out taking photos at the place I wanted to at the perfect time of the year, in perfect weather conditions. And no going out to some local clubs/bars either.
Also, I wanted to get back with a few days to spare before my housemate returns, just to make sure everything was fine, and to sort out a few things before working at the weekend.

So that was that. Started good, but lousy, lousy, ending. :(
I wasn't fit enough to drive back until today (Friday), and I've got work in the morning. That sucks. I wanted a couple of days to sort everything out, and get settled back in here before work.
Now I'm back in Hull. And I've come to realise that Hull has nothing for me really. I've screwed up Uni, I have no friends (apart from a few apathetice workmates), no girlfriend (and at this rate probably won't while stuck here), and I'm already getting those empty, miserable feelings already - and I've only been back a few hours.
I've also realised what an unfriendly place this is, populated by unfreindly people. People here are rude. If they accidentally get in yourway, or even bump into you, they rarely appologise. They never smile up here, and only look at you as with suspicion and mistrust - you don't get smiles returned.
Well, time to finish my rant. Thank you for listening.

Oh, and a couple of other things. If I'd been here in Hull last Saturday (ok so I've already said it's not where I truly would like to have been) then I would've been able to go on a staff night out, which should've been good, and would've avoided catching the flu, etc.
And I also swear that on the way back into Hull tonight that I saw that girl I fancy (yes, asked her out, and she turned me down) walking under a brolly with someone else. Because of the rain and darkness I couldn't figure out who it was, or even if they were male or female. Shouldn't bother me, or concern me, I know. But it just makes me curious, if it was male (and therefore possibbly a boyfriend) what type she goes for? *shrugs*

Mr_Wobble ;)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like an awesome week gone bad. I'm sorry that you had a sucky time with catching the flu on top of it all. Hope that you have some better luck while you're back.

*huggles*
  • Options
    Sorry it didn't go so well man. Chin up!
  • Options
    oh dear mr wobble ...this lot will cheer you up a bit i'm sure.
    19.gif
  • Options
    They might, if they can be bothered to read it all, Mr Roll. :)

It's just one of those things really. It was just so anoying to have planned the week for ages, and then have it all fall appart half way through. I enjoyed the first few days though. :)

MySuffice, I'll do my best to make up for it between now and Xmas. Promise! ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    aww poor liccle u! ((hugs)) :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    It was just so anoying to have planned the week for ages, and then have it all fall appart half way through. I enjoyed the first few days though. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
    i'm sort of having one of those weeks now wobble. i've been grounded again by my family ...i know it's for the best but ...i want to go to the pub.
    i'm not even allowed out to the corner shop.
    so to realy disturb them all ...i have 3 very high powered air rifles in the kitchen ...stripped down for a clean, adjust the telescopics etc. it's un nerving them somewhat. how do spell unerving?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    ...i have 3 very high powered air rifles in the kitchen ...stripped down for a clean, adjust the telescopics etc. it's un nerving them somewhat. how do spell unerving?
    Erm... O-H-S-I-T-R-U-N-F-O-R-I-T!!!
    I think it's with a double 'n' - unnerving.

Being grounded sucks Rolly. :( Keep polishing your pistons then. ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

sucks Rolly. :( Keep polishing your pistons then. ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)
    oi! get back to the bloody sex forum!