Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Boob job???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Calling all ladies and gentlemen!

Okay. I know I'm only 17 but for God's sake I'm tiny on top and a hate it. simple as that. Now I've read up about boob jobs and know the prices, pain and risks. But please what it the public veiw on this one?

Answer 1:

Go for it when you want/can!

Answer 2:

Whoah! Not on your nelly! Stay natural girl!

I'm unhappy about my lil tits but my man don't mind but I really want it done. Has anyone had it done or know anyone who has??? Please spill!

Luv ya!
Anya

Comments

• Options
    Personly Boob size doesnt bother me..its what a girl is on the inside..and looks arnt everything..but it should be what makes you happy..if you think it would boost you confidence then go for it..if it will make you happy. go for it..

there is no right or wrong arnswer here...its whatever makes you happy.

good luck...

:)
  • Options
    here, i found these a while back...

http://www.all-natural-breast-enhancement.com/breast-implant-risks.html

and the average cost is $3,000 - $7,000 depending on the doctor, the area, anesthesia and other stuff
  • Options
    I know absolutely endless numbers of girls who have had it done. some for the right reasons, and some for totally wrong reasons. Some regret it, and some believe it was completely the right thing for them.

It is such an individual choice that at the end of the day you have to live with. I firmly believe everyone should be happy in their own bodies, and be proud of what they look like and where their looks have come from - however I also believe that people need to be happy in order to gain the most from life, and I know that more often than not people can become extremely distraught about their own appearances.

Id say wait (no surgeon would touch you at 17 anyway - not a decent one that is). Wait for a few years to see if this is really what you need to make you feel proud of who you are and what you look like. If the size of your breasts are still having such an impact on your life that you can no longer bare it, then you have to do what's right for you. But remember the pain - and then think about going through all that and more in order to get it all undone again if you dont like it. You dont wake up from the operation and have beautiful breasts, it takes a while - and in the mean time you could physically look like a complete twat (no offence, just being honest). I know so many girl's who've had it done to help their careers, and then wake up and think 'shit; this looks so much worse'. People wouldnt hire a lot of them because they looked so unnatural.

But at the end of the day - you have to feel confident enough to enjoy your life. Good luck :)
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't do it, i think the natural look is much better, i hate fake ones.
    I am bi & i prefer the smaller lady, just so you know where my opinion is coming from.
  • Options
    at 17 youre probably still developing and have some growing left to do, so dont make any rash decisions. I know LOADS of blokes that prefer small tits. I think small ones look nicer too personally.
  • Options
    If you dont mind me asking, what size do you consider to be small?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Good to see you back around Anya :)

In my opinion, small breasts are good breasts (mind you, all breasts are good to me! lol!)

I'd personally wait another 2/3 years to see if they develop any more before taking artificical measures.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    If you dont mind me asking, what size do you consider to be small?
    Id say AA or A cup were small. B and C are medium and D or above are large
  • Options
    Your body finishes developing around 18-19. Wait 'til then. And you will need to fork out around 3K, or get it done free on the NHS if your GP thinks your life is going to pot if you don't have yourself some big guns.
  • Options
    I think Natural is better, whatever the size.

And 17 way too young, I think you should wait until you're at least 19 or 20 to decide.

But I'd stay well away from the Silicon ones .. heard many horror stories of women that had them and they leaked and the silcon gave them constant health problems. Silicon is made from sand and so is glass and I don't think you'd want either leaking into your system.

Also breast implants only last anything from 10 to 20 years so you're going to need to have the old ones removed and either taken out completely or replaced.

.... Now there is one thing I'd really like to know and that's when you see those menthat want to become women - they are given hormones which makes them develop breasts - so how come they just can't give women the same stuff to make them develop bigger breastes instead of having surgery?

BTW I suggest you watch the movie "Breast Men" which the guy that plays "Ross" from friends....it tells the story of breast implants.
  • Options
    George Bernard Shaw once said

more than a handful is a waste

which I completly agree with
  • Options
    Originally posted by hobbs
    George Bernard Shaw once said

more than a handful is a waste

which I completly agree with
    or more than a mouthfuls a waste, is another one ive heard.
  • Options
    Don't do it! I hate the idea of fake breasts, and small ones are good too. You'd probably find most blokes would rather their girlfriend or whatever was all natural. But then if it's just for yourself and how you feel personally, no-one is going to change your mind. I just prefer natural.
  • Options
    Ok well I'm gonna disagree with everyones views as I would go for it if I had the money. I'm not a thicko who doesn't know the risks, costs and life long operations involved but as a 34A I feel very unfeminine at times. No I wouldn't go over a C as I wouldn't want that but I do feel very inadequate at times.

Still no chance of me ever having the op due to lack of money so I'll make do with Tshirt bra's! ...my ex said I have a nice ass so that can make up for it! lol!

Some girls who have it done realise its not the be all and end all and still have low self esteem so I'd see about that first before any op considerations.
  • Options
    Errr for me B/C cup is my fave, I dunno why I just think they're cuter, lol. Though I'm not really shallow so a breast's a breast aint it? :confused:
  • Options
    I think it's such a shame that we've created a culture that is so insecure about their bodies that they will go to surgical extremes to manipulate their body image. but enough culture bashing, I'll just give my opinion on the matter.

First off, I think fake breast mostly look disgusting. And when theyre not disgusting, theyre just not at all attractive. They always look fake; as far as my knowledge goes, it's impossible to make fake breasts look completely natural. True, when clothed some fake breasts can look sexy, but when the shirt comes off, I'm turned off. Take Playboy magazine for example. These days almost all Bunnies have implants. When I look at Playboy these days I can't get aroused by the pictorials; frankly, I'm more interested in the articles these days because of all the plastic women.

Secondly, I hate big breasts. I'm a small breast guy, and this may be surprising to some people, but most the guys I know prefer smaller breasts. I'm talking A-B cup.. some Cs are alright, but generally the smaller the better (to a point). I think the rule of thumb for a lot of guys is that a handful is enough. Again, I'll admit that some big tits can look good under a tight shirt, but so can small tits and small tits look better naked always.

Another thing is, and I don't want to get too preachy onn this, but I think when a person is unhappy with their physical appearance there are bigger issues at hand than just not having big enough tits. I think that for the most part, we should be happy with what mother nature gave us. Now I can't get to extreme on this view point because I get tattoos, so I obviously think some forms of body modification are okay. But I think of my tattooing as a celebration of the body, not a way to make a bad thing better. I think a large reason you view your breasts as too small is because commercial society (the most visible aspect of a capitalist society) celebrates large breasts and breast implants. This is a shame because I know that all too often the values toted by commercial society are not representative of the larger society's values. In this case it certainly seems true; out of all the people I've talked to about this issue, I can only think of maybe 4 or 5 people that prefer implants, and I've talked to dozens, maybe hundreds of people about this.

And lastly, what are you going to look like when youre 80 years old and you have breast implants? I've never seen an example of this, but I can't help thinking it would look pretty silly.. and maybe even trashy. Of course, most people would say old men with wrinkled, faded tattoos look trashy, but one man's trashy is another man's "character."

So basically, do what you will, but it's my opinion that unless someone has some sort of defect or deformation, then body modification should be limited to exercise, eating, grooming, piercing, and tattooing. But I'm just a trendy f*ck, so what do I know?
  • Options
    Go on the pill, that'll make them bigger. It does work.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Macca1983
    Go on the pill, that'll make them bigger. It does work.

Um, can i say that is not necessarily true.

Can i just add one thing to the conversation that some folks don't seem to be aware of - you have to have them done every ten years or else they may leak and cause serious health problems, which i assume means you'll have to keep forking out or be left with boobs like a tennis ball in a sock
  • Options
    I've got very small breasts, and I used to have hang ups about them, but then I realised that they are a part of me. This is how I was born and I feel I should just accept that. They don't really affect my general appearance that badly. I can wear a padded bra if I want. I don't need to wear a bra at all, I don't need the support. I only wear a bra to make my nipples less visible, and it is more appropriate. I'm of small build so my small breasts generally suit me anyway. Another good thing is that when I get clothes, I don't need to get clothes in bigger sizes simply due to the size of my breasts.

Also, if I had implants, I wouldn't be able to breastfeed my child. I've realised all the good points of having the chest I have, and now I love it.

Just some things to think about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

Also, if I had implants, I wouldn't be able to breastfeed my child. .
    Good point.
  • Options
    Excellent post, TrendyDick.
  • Options
    Depends upon what you mean as small or tiny. Most girls that constantly complain about boob size have absolutely nothing to worry about. I suppose you're going to say that you're one of the girls who says they genuinely do have worries about boob size - as do all the rest.
    Small boobs aren't a problem. They're neater, and prettier.
    As for that description of falsies looking like tennis balls in a sock. :lol: Oh so right! Except some are so ugly that they look like implanted footballs in socks. :yuck:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Small boobs aren't a problem. They're neater, and prettier.

:yes:
  • Options
    Suppose its another society thing then. I live with 3 guys and im bombarded with their lads mags promoting slim women with big boobs, who of ocurse exist, but generally the female body doesnt work quite like that
  • Options
    Thanks to all the replies.

To answer some Q's I am a 32AA-32A depends on the type of bra I get. The thing is when I swim I have the body of a woman and the chest of a 10 yr old. All there is to see it my lil hard nipples!!! That gets me down. When I want to buy a nice to for a night out I can't coz I have no boobs to "show off" the top with. My boyf likes them and so did my ex girlfriend and since I got a push-up bra I'm not so down about it but still. I'm on the pill now and not to see if my boobs will grow but for the normal reason.

It just doesn't look right on my body and since I was anorexic and slightly depressed lately I don't suppose it helps! :(

But please keep posting. Oh and anyone who has been through anorexia...PLEASE HELP ME OR TALK TO ME!!!

Anya

P.S. Hey JsT!!!
  • Options
    I so know how you feel.

The pill did something to my boobs, temporarily and then *poof* that difference went. It's pretty hard not to think bigger boobs are better when your friends with their super huge boobs get lotsa attention whenever they fling them out. And then waah, there you are with next to nothing. Yeaah, joy of joys there.

And then there's all this bollocks about small tits being just as nice or yeah, better! Mm, patronising me feels sooo good. :p That's why you always get people with tiny boobs up on guys walls. My ex's and all my guy friends must have all just been the huge boob kinda guys.

And then there's this whole 'smaller boobs look nicer/prettier/perkier/prettier/blah blah'. What if you don't even think that about them? Then you're left feeling real great there.

I don't think you should decide on something based on what a bunch of other people think. If you'd be happier with bigger fake boobs then the fact that some people don't like them shouldn't matter, since apparently, they don't care about boobs that much anyway. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    *deleted image
  • Options
    That poon is not real, no way.
  • Options
    *deleted image
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing

And then there's all this bollocks about small tits being just as nice or yeah, better! Mm, patronising me feels sooo good. :p That's why you always get people with tiny boobs up on guys walls. My ex's and all my guy friends must have all just been the huge boob kinda guys.

And then there's this whole 'smaller boobs look nicer/prettier/perkier/prettier/blah blah'. What if you don't even think that about them? Then you're left feeling real great there.
    Nobody was patronising you. Just because you have problems accepting compliments. :(
    The big boobs thing is a cultural thing. We're always being told that big boobs are great, but most of us soon discover that it doesn't matter, and that big boobs aren't all they're cracked up to be. But culture demands that glamour models must be big boobed, and that big boobed girls must be on posters, and that those posters have to go on teenagers walls.

And smaller boobs do look neater and prettier. So ner! :p

Mr_Wobble ;)